Treasury Handover

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by miles_gloriosus, May 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He responded to Guido by saying 'It was only a joke'.

He's the only cnut that thinks bankrupting this country is funny!!
  2. Should have the note framed and hung in the Chancellors' office for posterity.
  3. Not so funny for those of us who are going to have to pay it all back.
  4. That's Page 1 of the next Conservative Election Manifesto sorted then!
  5. Lawyers - is there an offence, maybe a crime, that could be described as:

[align=center]malfeasance in public office?

If not, why not?

Is there any precedent law pertaining to such a 'charge'?

If not - such a pity, but a precedent may be made at any time.

This country is SO broke, that I fear neither Mr. Cameron nor Mr. Clegg will dare publish just how broke it is. They shopuld though and they should then bring charges against Bliar, Brown, Mandelson, Campbell and assorted others 'criminals'and, following a just trial, have them hanged publicly!
  6. Didn't a Tory do the same to an incoming Labour chap, saying sorry we,ve left a mess etc?
    It's called humour, you should try it sometime eh!

7. If we have public hangings in Wembley Stadium - better still let's do the full "Hang, Draw, and Quarter" routine, the new government could sell tickets at £100-£1000 a time and we'd have the deficit and debt wiped out in double-quick time !!! :twisted: :twisted:
  8. So it`s OK to screw things up and walk away from the mess, as long as you leave a little "humourous" note saying sorry. Sounds like a good trick if you can get away with it. Somehow I don`t see it working for the ordinary pleb on the street.
  9. Perhaps if this did actually happen you would do us a favour and provide a link to the event!

However I see nothing remotely funny about the financial damage Labour have done to this country, neither funny peculiar, nor funny ha-ha.
  10. I suspect you're thinking of the 'Barber boom'. I don't recall a note, but I could be wrong.
  11. The Tory was probably on about coffee cups n biccie crumbs. If I recall correctly, the accounts were in reasonable order up until 1997!
  12. Just done a bit of googling, found this:-
    The letter recalls a similar note left by Tory Reginald Maudling to his Labour successor James Callaghan in 1964: "Good luck, old cock ... Sorry to leave it in such a mess."
  13. Reasonable. Callaghan was a cock.