Treadmills

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by one-flew-over, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The floor in our gym is a little uneaven. We are trying to decide where to put the treadmills, the question is should they be level?

Using a spirit level on the machine track, in one location it is level and in the other there is an incline. I can't tell if one is on a slight downslope, hence level or the other on an upslope hence raised. The spirit level is too short to measure the floor gradient. It does make a significant difference in the run.

Yes, I do know that the 'up' is better training, but which is the default? I can't find the answer anywhere - anyone know?

Cheers

ofo

2. Treadmill should be on an even surface.
    Just checking the treadmill may not work.

3. I once did a sideline in repairing those deathtraps.
    Most treadmills have a slight incline to them as the moter and other bits are usualy a slight bit higher than the rear. the important thnig is to make sure it is on a even surface more than the actual incline try running on one on a realy unbalanced surface it has the same efect as running with a hangover very disoratating. Some machines even have a incline moter to create a incline it does increase the hardness of the workout.