Treadmill Training . .

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Scotto103, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right iv been running on the treadmill 3 times a week, monday wednesday and friday and then on the saturday running outside to test my progress by timing my 1.5 mile run as i have got selection coming up soon, what id like to know is will treadmill training have any effect on on my final run time ??

As in say my run time is 12 mins could i get it down after 6 weeks treadmill training to say 11 mins ??

Thanks.

2. oh dear lord... they are on here before the weekend!

3. Dont know why i botherd my run time is fine :S

4. m8 do us a favour and use google and type in running training, or go on www.warriorboxing.co.uk and use their forum to get fit they will have no problems helping out :!:

5. Done it like i said dont know why i botherd my run time is fine i just wanted to go above my running standard and just ask people whos done it but like i say it dont matter just forget the post :D

6. Treadmills are OK, but there is no substitute for road running, get out and do some miles on tarmac mate.

'train hard, fight easy' - it's how it is

7. and no your time isnt fine. it's adsc fine but not under 30 fine... i prefer road runnin and gym cycling..

8. scotto - check your PM inbox mate

9. try running to the gym and then using gym time to train with other machines, the running machines absorb impact so even if you run a mile and a half on the treadmill the time it takes wont be aslong as when you run it on road, but yes running on treadmill or without helps obviously . . . . . why pay the money for something you can do from your front door though?

10. These sunderland fans...thick as planks :p

11. This coming from a Newcastle fan...?

12. Yes it is "coming from a Newcastle fan", i thought my screennme made that clear enough...

13. toon toon black and white army! ;) newcastle all the way

14. Ahahahahahahaha, that was a joke, right?

15. seconded