• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Treadmill bleep test

I was once shown how to replicate a multi stage fitness test on a treadmill. You start at a speed and increase every minute. I have forgotten the start speed and the increase amount. Does anyone know it in KMPH please.

Cheers ofo

I did a quick Google and found this;

Start at 8.5 Km/h and increase by 0.5 Km/h every 50 seconds.

The real test starts at 7.5 Km/h - the increased speed should compensate for not slowing down and changing direction.

As you wouldn't be stopping and changing direction every 20m, I don't see how a treadmill would simulate a bleep test.

Anyway, it starts at 8.5kph and increases by 0.5kph every minute.

You'd be much better off finding a 20m piece of the planet and downloading an mp3 of the test.

Thanks all - I was after something different to do on the treadmill - I know it is not quite the same but.....

What is the current green level for a bloke just the better side of 40?

Latest Threads