TRBL Needs your Help!

TRBL-Chris

Clanker
Hi Guys,

The Royal British Legion is looking for volunteer Caseworkers and Information Volunteers. I work for the "South East Midlands" team of the Legion and we cover Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Northamptonshire and we looking for volunteers.

The Caseworker role in a nutshell involves visiting people in their homes, finding out what support is required, and then helping to provide that support.

The Information Volunteer role involves helping us to deliver outreaches around the area to give information about the Legion, and attending ad hoc events such as health & job fairs, county shows, WWI centenary events etc. to spread the word about the Legion.

If you have time to get involved, even just a few hours a week, then please send me a pm and get in touch.

Many thanks

Chris

Good luck with this. The problem we've had is a willingness at Branch level to volunteer but problems at area level providing training courses.

oldbaldy

LE
Good luck with this. The problem we've had is a willingness at Branch level to volunteer but problems at area level providing training courses.
Plus don't forget all Caseworkers have to be computer literate & will be required to use the COBSEO Casework Management System to process all cases online.

TRBL-Chris

Clanker

If you let me know which county you live in I would be happy to chase this up for you.

Plus don't forget all Caseworkers have to be computer literate & will be required to use the COBSEO Casework Management System to process all cases online.

You are right that computer literacy is important for the caseworker role, but thats one of the reasons why I am posting the opportunity on an internet forum. If someone has the skills to find a forum such as this, sign up to become a member, and are able to post threads etc. then they are computer literate enough to work the Case Management System (CMS) that we use.

very-old-git

Old-Salt
I am also a volunteer caseworker/information volunteer and work in the NW. Military service is not required nor really needed, so all you 'civvies' out there in 'ARRSE World' can volunteer as well.
The more the merrier !!!

Just done 2 day Voluntary Caseworker course and waiting for DBS clearance before starting under guidance from local full time case manager . .

very-old-git

Old-Salt
Excellent - well done that man.

Chris it comes down to regional level not appreciating that some volunteers actually have a job. Training courses need to planned well in advance and not 'we've sorted your course it's this Thursday and Friday'!

TRBL-Chris

Clanker
It used to be that the volunteer training was delivered by a national trainer that would come to the county, as it was then, twice a year and usually run 1 weekend course and 1 weekday course a year. We have now moved away from that model and the training it done at a local level by the staff in the area. This training can therefore be a lot more flexible in terms of location, times and frequency. In my area (South East Midlands) we have not had a request for any weekend training, but if there was such as request then I'm sure we could accommodate it.

peem

Old-Salt
I believe the Legion has lost some direction since the reorganisation/centralisation exercise. I have been a volunteer caseworker for SSAFA for the last three years and the training is much more structured, with courses held regionally (and dates published annually) for caseworkers/volunteers and training at Branch level and Divisional level held frequently and well organised/structured. They also do a Train the Trainer Course for CMS and have proper inductions in place and mentors allocated for new caseworkers at Divisional level. It is very rewarding and I would encourage both ex service people and civilians to pursue this role.

TRBL-Chris

Clanker
So come on guys? Any volunteers? Below is a link to show you the new area offices that are being opened up, there will be 16 of these around the UK, the one for the South East Midlands team will be opening in Aylesbury.

The other 15 locations are London, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff, Brighton, Leeds, Belfast, Colchester, Bristol, Plymouth, Southampton, Swindon and Derby.

We will be looking for plenty of volunteers to help us man theses centres, so please get involved.

Chris, message sent!

TRBL-Chris

Clanker
Hi Guys,

Great news, I have had 2 ARRSE people volunteer this morning, there must be a few more potential volunteers lurking out there, so please get in touch. :)

oldbaldy

LE
A lot of TRBL volunteers voted with their feet earlier this year when TRBL reoraganised. TRBL are reaping the reward of that reoraganisation..

Sorry Chris, can't sign up, already a SSAFA Caseworker, Mutual Support Team/MS Society and TRBL Form A completer !! Wish you all the best in getting volunteers. If anyone is reading this its so easy to give and see the benefits of helping someone who needs things and helping others from the armed forces.

Offered my services to local SSAFA as caseworker at beginning of this year and despite subsequent several phone calls,for reasons still unknown I got nowhere so I am now starting as voluntary caseworker for RBL . .

Latest Threads