Trayvon Martin; what the UK media isn't mentioning...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jul 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This article from Michael Yon is slightly rambling in places, but he makes some very interesting points.

Seems like the late Trayvon wasn't quite as saintly as he is portrayed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bears defecating in woods, Pope Catholic etc etc.

Even the briefest of reading of the smaller US news outlets at the time would have told the MSM all of this. Of course, it wouldn't suit their, frankly baffling, agenda. There are similarities with the way the media handled the Stephen Lawrence case, the difference being that Stephen seemed to be a good egg.

The way the media is going on you'd think this was the next Holocaust.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. And if this story is true............

To update, in the 503 days between Trayvon dying, and today’s verdict, 10,865 African Americans have been murdered by other African-Americans.
    I was so shocked, I had to double check my numbers.
    [Correction: An earlier version of this post incorrectly reported the number of days between the altercation and the verdict as 513 days instead of the correct number of 503 days. We deeply regret this error and thank Amy Sherman from the Miami Herald/Politifact for straightening us out.]

In 503 Days Between Trayvon Dying and the Zimmerman Trial Verdict, 10,865 Blacks Have Been Murdered by OTHER BLACKS | SOOPERMEXICAN
    • Like Like x 2
  4. So out of 14,748 urders a year, nearly 11,000 are black-on-black?

5. Dunno about your location, but Planet Earth has no more than 365 days in a year.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hungryhippo.

I think your find 503 days is a tad more than one year.

Amazing numbers.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ...

Well, I'll be leaving.

8. The article is a right load of rambling sh*t.

"At the time of his death, Mr. Martin was a powerfully built, military aged male and drug user who referred to himself as a “gangsta,” and used racial slurs to describe Zimmerman. He was old enough to join the Marines if he could pass the tests but with his drug use behavioral issues they would not want him?

So by this metric, anyone over 16 is fair game because they 'could' be a Marine?
  9. Well as an alternative to a 17 yearold "child" it seems at least as fair a description.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. I think Mr. Yon's point is not as vacuous as you assert. The thrust of his piece (and there are many others out there with verified information about Mr. Martin's true persona and physique at the time of his death) is the disconnect (quite purposeful in my view) between these facts and the manner in which the MSM has continued to portray Mr. Martin in order to fan the flames of the story they wanted all the time--race-based murder of a kid by a "white."
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Trayvon. What sort of ****ing name is Trayvon? Sounds like something you'd put down your sink.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. As we saw with the Zimmerman prosecution, lynchings still happen, only today the lynch mob leader is President Obama. For foreign readers who have not noticed, many Americans sense that President Obama is severely racist and divisive, uninterested in justice but revenge for injustices he never suffered.

Quoted from the report
    • Like Like x 5
  13. I read that bit as an attempt to balance the medias constant description of him as a 'child' and their use of a photograph of Martin when he was 13, despite the fact there are plenty of more recent photos available.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. It's no worse than Brandenjosh, Jayden or other fine British names.