Travelling through Brize

My unit is going overseas for camp and we're flying Crab Air out of Brize Norton. Not having the pleasure of travelling with them before, when they say we're due home on a Saturday what are the odds of that happening? I'd like to travel onwards myself Sunday but i'm wary of the horror stories...

Simple, don't go you STAB!

Brize is simply a less professional version of an airport and seeing as the OP is a STAB he'll probably turn up late for the flight anyway.

"Brize is simply a less professional version of an airport and seeing as the OP is a STAB he'll probably turn up late for the flight anyway."

I wonder if the STAB who was killed on HERRICK the other day turned up later to Brize when he deployed?

"Brize is simply a less professional version of an airport and seeing as the OP is a STAB he'll probably turn up late for the flight anyway."

I wonder if the STAB who was killed on HERRICK the other day turned up later to Brize when he deployed?
Well folks the prizes are flowing thick and fast on this week's ARRSE buzzword & phrase bingo!

That's our second winner today who got in a comment utilising the death of an individual to stress his point.

For a full house please cite "values & standards".

You ******* bell end.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

Low Jim. Very, very low. Using someone's death to react to a fairly harmless dig from Badger Heed is maybe not the way forward.

You hobbyist pole-smoking ****. Quote me MATT 6 ********.

Low Jim. Very, very low. Using someone's death to react to a fairly harmless dig from Badger Heed is maybe not the way forward.
Jim needs to get a perspective on life and desist with his precious sentiments. I'd gladly head-butt him into a set of well pressed combats.

"Jim needs to get a perspective on life and desist with his precious sentiments. I'd gladly head-butt him into a set of well pressed combats."

Would you? Awesome! I'm being threatened by an internet hardman. Oh happy days, its finally happened. The big scary man on the internet wants to beat me up - schweet.

"Jim needs to get a perspective on life and desist with his precious sentiments. I'd gladly head-butt him into a set of well pressed combats."

Would you? Awesome! I'm being threatened by an internet hardman. Oh happy days, its finally happened. The big scary man on the internet wants to beat me up - schweet.
The comment was more to point out your military bearing.

Now **** off and Google some more war dead.

"The comment was more to point out your military bearing."

Thanks - actually I thought I looked pretty damn smart in Nos1's with a fair smattering of real and plastic medals today at the Cenotaph. I used the two minute silence to think about some of the fun I've had charging around outside the wire over the years.

"The comment was more to point out your military bearing."

Thanks - actually I thought I looked pretty damn smart in Nos1's with a fair smattering of real and plastic medals today at the Cenotaph. I used the two minute silence to think about some of the fun I've had charging around outside the wire over the years.
Yeah. Cheers navy boy.

My unit is going overseas for camp and we're flying Crab Air out of Brize Norton. Not having the pleasure of travelling with them before, when they say we're due home on a Saturday what are the odds of that happening? I'd like to travel onwards myself Sunday but i'm wary of the horror stories...
Depends on where you're flying from.

Cyprus - delayed 6 days
Ascension - delayed 4 days
Falklands - delayed 4 days.

Reasons vary - war broke out the morning of the flight, all Hercules re-routed (OK, that was actually a Lyneham flight) - Windscreen broke on take-off from Brize, had to wait for a replacement from US - Aircraft ingested a goose on landing, had to wait for Herc to fly out with a spare engine - Blizzard.

Shorter delays of 2 days have been known to happen because the crew (RAF) got pissed at a Mess function. And there was a one day delay because the casevac wasn't quite ready for travel.

Cheers putteesinmyhands, that's the kind of thing I was worried about. Turns out it was irrelevant; finally got to speak to the staff and it turns out we're not flying back until Sunday, despite Saturday being the date given as the end of camp. Go figure. Can now sack off what I was going to do and not worry about holdups.

Nice to see Arrse didn't disappoint in this thread either.

Spoken with the carefree air of the unemployed. I've learned to book two days leave just in case.