Travelling abroad whilst on license

Bit of a silly question perhaps. but my cousin was sentenced to 4 years and 3 months for dealing in Class A and B drugs, he spent half his sentence at HMP Bullingdon and now is on out on license, I’m guessing his work prospects won’t be so good, no chances of passing any form of security vetting, he has F all education to him and you wouldn’t have him working for you as a Dominoes Driver delivering pizza.

The future? E-commerce, he wants to travel abroad next year to China to visit the place for outsourcing goods to retail through an online outlet, the question is, what are the chances of his probation officer authorizing him to go out of the country?

ugly

LE
I would say it depends upon the terms and conditions of his license, does the phrase surrender of passport get a mention?
Still try getting a Visa, that should be funny!

I would say it depends upon the terms and conditions of his license, does the phrase surrender of passport get a mention?
Still try getting a Visa, that should be funny!
He could use someone else's passport. We all look the same to them.

He might be best served going into business with somebody with a clean record, let them do the travelling, while your cousin stays here and sets up the online shopfront/ebay username

Bit of a silly question perhaps. but my cousin was sentenced to 4 years and 3 months for dealing in Class A and B drugs, he spent half his sentence at HMP Bullingdon and now is on out on license, I’m guessing his work prospects won’t be so good, no chances of passing any form of security vetting, he has F all education to him and you wouldn’t have him working for you as a Dominoes Driver delivering pizza.

The future? E-commerce, he wants to travel abroad next year to China to visit the place for outsourcing goods to retail through an online outlet, the question is, what are the chances of his probation officer authorizing him to go out of the country?
What is he thinking of outsourcing to China?

He might be best served going into business with somebody with a clean record, let them do the travelling, while your cousin stays here and sets up the online shopfront/ebay username
I don't know for definite but I believe his PayPal is permanently limited... so i think Ebay is out of the question... and as mentioned he is rather a bone headed chav

He needs to read his licence the terms of which will have been verbally explained to him:
There are seven standard licence conditions for prisoners serving determinate sentences

(a) be of good behaviour and not behave in a way which undermines the purpose of the licence period
(b) not commit any offence
(c) keep in touch with the supervising officer in accordance with instructions given by the supervising officer
(d) receive visits from the supervising officer in accordance with instructions given by the supervising officer
(e) reside permanently at an address approved by the supervising officer and obtain the prior permission of the supervising officer for any stay of one or more nights at a different address
(f) not undertake work, or a particular type of work, unless it is approved by the supervising officer and notify the supervising officer in advance of any proposal to undertake work or a particular type of work
(g) not travel outside the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man except with the prior permission of your supervising officer or for the purposes of immigration deportation or removal.

3.3 是否在中国或其他国家有犯罪记录?Do you have any criminal record in China or any other
country?
3.6 如果对3.1 到3.5 的任何一个问题选择“是”,请在下面详细说明。
If you select Yes to any questions from 3.1 to 3.5, please give details below.

China very lenient on drug dealing these days, most offender are shot dead, 2nd offence they get hanged.
But seriously the chances of a visa are nil, incarceration over 3 years is a show stopper for most countries.
And if they lied & got caught, then the outcome is serious jail time & deportation.

Two hopes.
Or as my old Staffy Ssgt Hope used to say

You have three Hopes and I'm one of them

China very lenient on drug dealing these days, most offender are shot dead, 2nd offence they get hanged.
But seriously the chances of a visa are nil, incarceration over 3 years is a show stopper for most countries.
And if they lied & got caught, then the outcome is serious jail time & deportation.
Killed twice eh?

You'd have to be really unlucky to have that happen. Unfortunately I don't know anyone this could relate to...

...... for outsourcing goods to retail through an online outlet, the question is, what are the chances of his probation officer authorizing him to go out of the country?
Outsourced goods from China for online retail is likely to be tricky. He would just become the middleman to slow delivery

For outsourced delivery he ideally needs a UK supplier (even if that means stock fed from China)
He could source goods in bulk from AliBaba etc as a supplier, without necessarily traveling to source them but would still be competing with others who do the same, and needs to get them in country to be able to meet customer orders in a reasonable timeframe

There may be a shortage of vegetable pickers in East Anglia soon.

An ex convict for peddling drugs you say ?
Bit of a chav you say ? Got caught , when we are down 20,000 Police... OK , not the sharpest tool in the box.

Suggest to him a new life.
Outdoors, fresh air, honest hard graft, helping to feed his fellow countrymen, learning how to swear in Polish and Romanian, ( maybe getting lucky sometimes ).

Or if you dont really care that much, send him off to China.
Probably , his greatest worth to society are his organs.
Liver, kidneys, eyes etc.
A bit of previous substance abuse in this business, jail time even, will be as nothing.

I'll find you an address, and I only want 40%, before expenses.

Ciaio !

Troy

LE
Tell him to come to his senses. Help him get a CSS card and get a job labouring on a building site. If he can hack it, he could get to meet some trades[men] who might give him a chance and train him up. He won't school qualifications to lean how to become a plasterer or tiler for example, maybe a scaffolder. You get the gist. Eventually he could become a tradesman and earn some better dosh. It's a way more likely plan then him getting to travel abroad.

Just out of interest... I've got a cousin whom has just been granted indefinite leave to remain who came from India whom is bone headed and looking for a job working door staff, he's been out of the country over 5+ years after being removed for overstaying his visa, not deported but was told either go yourself and get a visa or we remove you and your banned from coming here xxx years.

Door work for him? Minimum residency requirements?

Latest Threads