Travellers

Hi ive just come back off tour and am on leave until the end of next month. Hence why i am asking here.
Im looking in to buying a house while on POTL and was just wondering how much aproximatly i would get in Get you home allowence, If i owned a property 320 miles away from my posting?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You could always buy a Mobile Home on one the UK's Residential Home Parks.

Get a camper/RV and use any carpark, I do

think youll be able to get a mortgage?

Filbert Fox said:
What, for a camper van?

Filbert Fox said:
Ive been accepted for a mortgage. Living up north i only need a mortgague of abotu 20 quid any way :) But seriously im 'ony' getting 65k and applying for lsap for the deposit. My tour money has cleared my debts for cars etc and left me a good chuck for fees other bits and bobs.

danny842003 said:
Filbert Fox said:
Ive been accepted for a mortgage. Living up north i only need a mortgague of abotu 20 quid any way :) But seriously im 'ony' getting 65k and applying for lsap for the deposit. My tour money has cleared my debts for cars etc and left me a good chuck for fees other bits and bobs.
lsap is not for a deposit, its to assist first time buyers with surveyors fees etc

Good luck with the house/camper van.

FiveAlpha said:
danny842003 said:
how much aproximatly i would get in Get you home allowence, If i owned a property 320 miles away from my posting?

Thanks in advance for any help.
£217.31
will you be travelling to your property at all during your posting or letting it?

BIPOLAR77 said:
danny842003 said:
Filbert Fox said:
lsap is not for a deposit, its to assist first time buyers with surveyors fees etc
Really? 8.5k for surveyors fees? First ive heard of it. I know plenty of other people who have used it as a deposit.

And yes i will be traveling to it.

danny842003 said:
BIPOLAR77 said:
danny842003 said:
Filbert Fox said:
Really? 8.5k for surveyors fees? First ive heard of it. I know plenty of other people who have used it as a deposit.

you obviously know it all if your friends have done it so why even ask?

BIPOLAR77 said:
danny842003 said:
BIPOLAR77 said:
danny842003 said:
Filbert Fox said:

you obviously know it all if your friends have done it so why even ask?
I asked about travellers. None of my friends live any where near here. Hence why i asked!!!!

BIPOLAR77 said:
I think you'll find it is. If you don't know what you're on about, then I suggest you keep quiet rather than give crap advice. Note the highlighted part-you CAN use it as a deposit.

02.0404. Scope of LSAP. LSAP is for Service personnel and is not related to other Government funded schemes, such as the Key Worker Living programme. LSAP is intended to assist towards the balance of the purchase price (taking into account, for example, legal expenses, surveyor's fees, land registration and estate agent's fees) when buying a property for which a Building Society, Local Authority, recognised Bank or Insurance Company is willing to advance a mortgage.
Danny, I'm a traveler (ha boss, I'll tarmac your drive for you etc etc :D ) and go to my pad at weekends. I live 190 miles away from my unit and I get about £220 a month GYH. You're looking at around or just under £300 a month (but you'll have to check the current figures which get updated 1 Aug each year).

the_matelot said:
BIPOLAR77 said:
I think you'll find it is. If you don't know what you're on about, then I suggest you keep quiet rather than give crap advice. Note the highlighted part-you CAN use it as a deposit.

02.0404. Scope of LSAP. LSAP is for Service personnel and is not related to other Government funded schemes, such as the Key Worker Living programme. LSAP is intended to assist towards the balance of the purchase price (taking into account, for example, legal expenses, surveyor's fees, land registration and estate agent's fees) when buying a property for which a Building Society, Local Authority, recognised Bank or Insurance Company is willing to advance a mortgage.
Danny, I'm a traveler (ha boss, I'll tarmac your drive for you etc etc :D ) and go to my pad at weekends. I live 190 miles away from my unit and I get about £220 a month GYH. You're looking at around or just under £300 a month (but you'll have to check the current figures which get updated 1 Aug each year).
Thanks i was expecting around that figure, just wasnt sure.