'travellers should be travelling' says Environment Secretary...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by maguire, Jan 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

...and no, it isnt racist to object to a bunch of (allegedly) theiving robbing gits setting up camp near you, either.

Opposing illegal traveller sites isn't racist, Minister tells gipsies' leader | Mail Online

'Environment Secretary Caroline Spelman rejected claims of ‘gipsy racism’ yesterday after pledging to take tough new action against illegal traveller sites.

Ms Spelman clashed with a travellers’ leader as she defended villagers in her Midlands constituency who have staged a round-the-clock demonstration for more than six months against an encampment on greenbelt land...

...Defiant Ms Spelman defended new laws to get rid of unlawful traveller camps, saying: ‘The travelling community should indeed be travelling.’...

...Ms Spelman said: ‘I don’t think it is an issue of racism. There is an issue with planning law.’ '

2. Send them to London

3. Oh Hurrah are we allowed to light the torches and ready the pitchfolks to chase out the pikeys now!

4. Refreshing to hear a government minister talk sense. But I'll believe it when I see it; Pikies will no doubt try to play the HRA, get-out-of-jail-free-card.

5. Work will set them free

6. And tomorrow belongs to me!

7. I think thieving gypsy bastards should be sent to London town... Islington would be most suitable for them.

8. As demonstrated in a previous European initiative I assume you're referring to?

9. It is a fair point.

You can hardly be classed as a 'traveller' once you've bought a static carava and laid a patio....

Set it in law (just for a start) that all sites must be occupied with the consent of the landowner (excepting public land) and must be cleared after 48 hours, with no less than 24 hours before the next occupation.

Also a tax should be levied the moment the they go firm.

10. Indeed. If properly carried out, it could be the final solution to the Gypsy problem.

11. I don't see what all the fuss is about. I've been called a racist. And that's OK cos I am a racist. People get all steamed up because we are programmed to think that racism "is a bad thing". It might very well be, but I'll make up my own mind thanks very much.

12. They contribute nothing, fuckall, zilch, to the country or the environment, they are worthless. If they want to settle, they should do the same as any other person, get a ******* job, pay taxes and NI and queue up for a council house, rent one or buy one.

13. Fair comments, Jim, but ones that not only apply to Pikies but to the rest of the untermenchen sucking at the Benefit Tit.

14. Agreed. I was going to include that, but thought I'd better stick to Pikies, otherwise I might blow ******* steam out of my ears.

15. What for? All the driveways already have tarmac (done properly - not just painted black!)