Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelgall's Guide to Precious Metals and Coins

As this is the only thread I can find to do with coins, maybe there is a collector or two on here who can help? My F-I-L turned this up in his shed drawer, anyone shed (sorry...) any light? Tried Google, lots of things that look a bit like it but no matches.

CEB57351-6C7E-4443-AB2E-8F285F498B6E.jpeg

Just ran it through an internet identification website. Hmmmm.....

E5AD77C8-A939-434F-B3E3-525A5A80001A.jpeg

not too convinced that’s right.

As this is the only thread I can find to do with coins, maybe there is a collector or two on here who can help? My F-I-L turned this up in his shed drawer, anyone shed (sorry...) any light? Tried Google, lots of things that look a bit like it but no matches.

View attachment 514474

Did you ever identify the coin?
It looks medieval, maybe French?
The cross looks a knights Templar/crusader states.

No, tried a few websites but nothing quite the same. Gave up after that!

I made the mistake of starting to grade my coin collection. It has taken me down the rabbit hole if spreadsheets and deciding what to do with low grade silver coins?
Depending on where I draw the line, it could be a couple of hundred quid on eBay.

I have used the Coinoscope app on my phone (free) to ID some of my coins.

Might be worth a shot?
Well that was an excellent steer sir! It appears to be some sort of French Blanc. The exact coin I have not yet worked out, but it’s a lot closer than I was!

Latest Threads