Travelgall's Guide to Precious Metals and Coins

CowboyBob

War Hero
Finally sorting out some old stuff I inherited from my dad,
Included asre are several uncirculated proof sets of coins but fairly obscure
Such as Royal Government of Bhutan 1975 proof coin set, also the 1974 set.
1985 Indira Ghadhi commemorative set 1985
1977 Royal Canadian Mint set
1971 Eisenhower Silver Dollar

There are others but just to give a flavour.
Looking at the paperwork with them, only a few have any silver in them, maybe 50% of some of the larger coins in each set.

Have no desire to keep hold of them, what's the best way to sel them?

Also a Falkland Island's Liberation Crown if anybody s interested in one.

There's a fair amount of old foreign coins and notes, all been circulated but I suspect that they're only good for toy money for Tiny Miss F
I have always used eBay to sell coins. Much bigger audience than a local auction house.

Don't discount the paper notes, check them all with prices on eBay. As we move to cashless societies notes and coins will become more collectable.

I inherited my dad's coin collection too. I am still auditing it and have found some great coins hidden in the normal coins, some medieval, a Roman coin, a 1722 2 Real coin, etc. So far the value is at £1300, I gave my sister some of the high value coins as part of her inheritance so we would be equal.

Last edited:
Finally sorting out some old stuff I inherited from my dad,
Included asre are several uncirculated proof sets of coins but fairly obscure
Such as Royal Government of Bhutan 1975 proof coin set, also the 1974 set.
1985 Indira Ghadhi commemorative set 1985
1977 Royal Canadian Mint set
1971 Eisenhower Silver Dollar

There are others but just to give a flavour.
Looking at the paperwork with them, only a few have any silver in them, maybe 50% of some of the larger coins in each set.

Have no desire to keep hold of them, what's the best way to sel them?

Also a Falkland Island's Liberation Crown if anybody s interested in one.

There's a fair amount of old foreign coins and notes, all been circulated but I suspect that they're only good for toy money for Tiny Miss F
Collector's items, not worth a huge amount, but if you can find a reputable (!) dealer in Edinburgh that may be the way to go; otherwise, find a decent guide to pricing and put them on eBay. You'd be surprised what some collectors will pay for some of the most innocuous coins, to fill the gaps in their collections. There may well also be some serious collectables in your oddments.

Latest Threads