Travelgall's Guide to Precious Metals and Coins

Agreed. I have lived through three (with the current drop) big drops in price. Didn't matter, the price just rebounds in the end. Like a basketball in a swimming pool, the more it is held under, the bigger the woosh upwards when it's released.

Silver, in particular, is becoming scarce as metals go, so it's going to be good when the suppression finally ends. I'm going to order four sovereigns and a tube of silver coins in the next week or so.

cymraeg

War Hero
Not sure mate tbh. I usually use sarnia silver. Really good seevice so far

Nice selection. I've had look at the site, explanation of vat is thin on the ground, when in check out it only adds postal charge.

cymraeg

War Hero
Yea it adds the vat in paypal. Usual rate im afraid

cymraeg

War Hero
If there in person and you were to buy Guernsey eights or whatever the correct name. Pretty sure you could blag the vat as they are legal tender there

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
If there in person and you were to buy Guernsey eights or whatever the correct name. Pretty sure you could blag the vat as they are legal tender there
Worth a trip if you're prepared to cough up the vat. Then of course it depends on the cost but if you're going away for a weekend somewhere anyway.

cymraeg

War Hero
Def. But read somewhere legal tender doesnt attract vat. Such as britannias etc hence they are usually a bit more expensive. So a pocket full of silver coloured funny looking Guernsey coins and your sorted. Plus a nice weekend away to boot

I wish that the UK would drop the VAT on silver a bit. Paying an extra 13% is a right pain.

Bonus is due at the end of the month so I will be in the market for some more coins.

I am, not sure silver will drop much lower. Gold might.

Gold sovereign s would be the easiest option. But I do like silver more.

ancient

War Hero
My wife's grandfather died recently in Italy in his late 90's. Her parents, sorting through his kit have discovered a jumbled collection of gold jewellery and rough cast ingots, that weigh about two kilos all together. None of the jewellery matches, it's just wrapped in cloth. None of it carries anything like a hallmark. They suspect that it may be war loot. Is it saleable? I think it highly unlikely that the original owners could be traced if it is loot, and it may have been purchased legitimately. How would they go about checking the gold content if it is saleable? It currently resides in a safe deposit box in Italy. Any advice that I can pass on would be appreciated.

My wife's grandfather died recently in Italy in his late 90's. Her parents, sorting through his kit have discovered a jumbled collection of gold jewellery and rough cast ingots, that weigh about two kilos all together. None of the jewellery matches, it's just wrapped in cloth. None of it carries anything like a hallmark. They suspect that it may be war loot. Is it saleable? I think it highly unlikely that the original owners could be traced if it is loot, and it may have been purchased legitimately. How would they go about checking the gold content if it is saleable? It currently resides in a safe deposit box in Italy. Any advice that I can pass on would be appreciated.
My best advice is to send it to me in the post. I'll pass it to my team of experts and provide you with an accurate valuation.

Patrick Mpenzie
Den Of Thieves Road
Thiefville
Africa

Got myself a little 250g bar of silver the other month to bung in the safe with the rest.

Which german site are you using out of curiosity. I'm buying a house and if I have a large amount of cash left over after the deposit and funishings I may order a good amount whilst it is cheap.

I have used PhilaBerlin.de in the past, but their prices are not as good as they used to be.

I am, not sure silver will drop much lower. Gold might.

Gold sovereign s would be the easiest option. But I do like silver more.
I can see silver down below $10 before it reverses and starts to go up in value. If it breaks $15.00 where it found support a 3 weeks ago, there's not much stopping it before $10.00. Gold is setting up for more selling, and I can see it testing $1000 on its next downward leg.

Personal view, but there's no way I would hold a long position on either gold or silver at the moment; the price action is decidedly bearish. Away from the charts, I can see little or no reason for the institutional investors who pushed gold & silver to the heights to buy in again; growth is stagnant in most leading economies and there are no inflationary drivers around.

Latest Threads