Travel Warrant Advice

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by dogguk, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently posted in Germany, a little confused with what me and my family are entitled to with reagrs to flights home. i have been told its about £120 per person, but pay staff couldn't quite explain how to go about claiming it. Anyone help would be appreciated.

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Are you flying back?
  3. Yeah return journey for a family of five, been in more than 12 years if it makes any difference
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You can claim upto 125.00 per eligible person , ie spouse and kids.

Depending where you are in Germany and where you are going it depends what you can claim.

If you live in Fally and the nearest airport to fly to your destination of choice is Hannover, you can claim MMA from Fally to Hannover.

If, because of flight timings, Dortmund (for example) suited you better, tough you will only get MMA to the nearest airport. You can also claim MMA from destination airport to leave address.

125.00 is the max you can claim. If each flight cost 99.00 you can only claim that amount. If the flight is 200.00 then you can only claim 125.00!

I think thats right and am more than willing to stand corrected if I have cocked up on that. It has been a while since I have done pay.

On a different note, how come you havn't put your name down for the curry night.
  5. used to get fcuk all in my day
  6. What curry night?
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

8. It's called Get You home (Overseas) and the rules are available on ArmyNET in JSP 752, Chapter 6, Section 7.

What has been said above is pretty much spot on but it's worth adding that you get one journey for you and your family for each full year of posting - your year starting on the day you arrive, so it's calculated completely separately from the leave year. These "warrant" needs to be "credited" to your JPA account and you then need to apply to use it in conjunction with your leave pass. Once the leave is over, you can reclaim on JPA.

You can use these warrants to drive back to UK if you want. In this case you claim for the cheaper of the notional journey (return MMA to nearest international airport - air fare x number of family members - return MMA from airport to registered leave address) or the actual journey (MMA to port -ferry fare - MMA to leave address).

As also correctly stated above, the air fare claimed is for actuals up to the ceiling but according to Ch 1 of JSP 752 (Page 1-6-10) the return fare ceiling went up to GBP195 on 01 Aug 09.

Have a good leave........
  9. Fuck me you are clever. I normally leave this sort of shite to JT, but he is MIA.

Your spelling is proper dog toffee though, if that helps.
  10. I noticed and corrected but too slow to beat you Snail - I'll blame it on my German keyboard here in sunny Berlin getting the better of me..........
  11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Where is JT?

What are you doing on leave you lazy cow?
  12. From various posts on this forum by B&T I assumed he was a clerk, clearly he is not very current with the regulations (ie not serving in Germany perhaps).

No wonder we get a bad name if he is giving out shite advice regarding allowances :(

Feel free to AGAI yourself fella
  13. Oooh, B&T, you got AGAI'd and fella'd in one fell swoop.

If it's any consolation though, whilst I have been on leave, I have been either in Yorkshire, London or my bed - all whilst dying of Lechies' Disease and waiting for my bloody brother to text me. I only had one good result though, I've got a right shite voicemail off him telling me (as Contrarian correctly said) "stop being a knob".

Slugster x