Travel To The Lawless North

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by k13eod, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's it, the cars packed, fuelled and tyres inflated. I shall be setting off from Kentistan this very evening to the far north that is the Shetland Islands where I shall be in residence for one calender month. I shall load the hounds later, collect stroppy teenage son on route and then point the 4.0 litre beast in the direction of Aberdeen.

Now, the only bit that I am afeared off is that I have to drive through the Lawless North ... at night ... in the dark ... to get safely to my ferry at Aberdeen.

So, where does this godforsaken bandit ridden part of our fair isles begin? What should I be aware of as I pass through the grim industrial(less) north and onward into the land of the skirt wearing murderer?

Any tips gratefully accepted.

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Once you've stopped at TeBay, the best service station in the UK, things get pretty wild.

Your postillions will need to be alert, methinks.

3. catterick on the A1!!

4. Be careful out there I heard there were mines at one time around the S. Yorks Area :wink:

5. As soon as you cross the Thames.

North London... I shi-t 'em

6. I hope you mean The Tebay Truck stop and not the Nice but pricey Motorway services :)

7. Drive, drive fast, and for all that you hold dear, please God don't stop near Barnsley!

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Aw c'mon, which to you think K13 would prefer - a nice but pricey organic supermarket and coffee shop, or an effo mug of tea and a slab of cake?

9. So ... M1, M6 or the more lawless A1 ... driving through the land of the Geordie?

Good tea stops?

Are they not the ones that you fall down rather than the ones that make you fall up?

10. Dunno what he'd prefer but I'll wager he is going up the M1 to Aberdhoon not the M6, unless he has an officer with a map! :lol:

11. http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp :wink:

12. [
    Dunno what he'd prefer but I'll wager he is going up the M1 to Aberdhoon not the M6, unless he has an officer with a map! :lol:[/quote]

or even the A1

13. :oops:

In which case I'll be waiting to drop you a friendly wave/ breeze block around J28 M6 :p

14. So ... M1/M6 is quickest but is it less dangerous than the A1 ... less murderers and the like?

Or will it I have my wheels removed as I drive past Mancky land and Livecesspool?

8O

15. The A1 would take you through the beautiful Yorkshire countryside