Travel To The Lawless North

That's it, the cars packed, fuelled and tyres inflated. I shall be setting off from Kentistan this very evening to the far north that is the Shetland Islands where I shall be in residence for one calender month. I shall load the hounds later, collect stroppy teenage son on route and then point the 4.0 litre beast in the direction of Aberdeen.

Now, the only bit that I am afeared off is that I have to drive through the Lawless North ... at night ... in the dark ... to get safely to my ferry at Aberdeen.

So, where does this godforsaken bandit ridden part of our fair isles begin? What should I be aware of as I pass through the grim industrial(less) north and onward into the land of the skirt wearing murderer?

Any tips gratefully accepted.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Once you've stopped at TeBay, the best service station in the UK, things get pretty wild.

Your postillions will need to be alert, methinks.

As soon as you cross the Thames.

North London... I shi-t 'em

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Once you've stopped at TeBay, the best service station in the UK, things get pretty wild.

I hope you mean The Tebay Truck stop and not the Nice but pricey Motorway services :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:

I hope you mean The Tebay Truck stop and not the Nice but pricey Motorway services :)
Aw c'mon, which to you think K13 would prefer - a nice but pricey organic supermarket and coffee shop, or an effo mug of tea and a slab of cake?

So ... M1, M6 or the more lawless A1 ... driving through the land of the Geordie?

Good tea stops?

Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Be careful out there I heard there were mines at one time around the S. Yorks Area :wink:
Are they not the ones that you fall down rather than the ones that make you fall up?

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:

Aw c'mon, which to you think K13 would prefer - a nice but pricey organic supermarket and coffee shop, or an effo mug of tea and a slab of cake?
Dunno what he'd prefer but I'll wager he is going up the M1 to Aberdhoon not the M6, unless he has an officer with a map! :lol:

Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:

Dunno what he'd prefer but I'll wager he is going up the M1 to Aberdhoon not the M6, unless he has an officer with a map! :lol:
http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp :wink:

[
Dunno what he'd prefer but I'll wager he is going up the M1 to Aberdhoon not the M6, unless he has an officer with a map! :lol:[/quote]

or even the A1

k13eod said:
Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/planner_places_redirect.jsp :wink:
:oops:

In which case I'll be waiting to drop you a friendly wave/ breeze block around J28 M6 :p

So ... M1/M6 is quickest but is it less dangerous than the A1 ... less murderers and the like?

Or will it I have my wheels removed as I drive past Mancky land and Livecesspool?

8O

Too late now,but fitting long range tanks would have avoided the need to stop.
Remember to avoid the deepfried range of traditional delicacies,Mars Bars,pizzas,etc etc.
Anyway,good luck.It was nice knowing you.

One should always have a handful of shiny objects when passing by Manchester, by throwing said objects when approached by locals they will chase after it thus helping your escape!

Better yet just dont stop ;)

ximmeh1987 said:
One should always have a handful of shiny objects when passing by Manchester, by throwing said objects when approached by locals they will chase after it thus helping your escape!

Better yet just dont stop ;)
Sort of "chaff" ... like the idea :)

The other point is I will be driving a Jaguar and although it is 14 years old, I suspect that once "oop norf" it is likely to be the newest and poshest car on the road. If stopped should I attempt to put on a northern accent and say something like "ey oop lad, I'm local wealthy mill owner just of t'mill"?