Travel to ICT Catterick

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Jackl1991, Apr 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if this has been asked before, and I did a little google searching and couldnt find it.
    I am also unable to contact my AFCO at this time so I would appreiciate an answer from someone.

Im off to Catterick in 2 weeks and I have to take my oath on the 25th of this month.

I am just wondering, Will I get my travel paid for so I can get to ITC Catterick?

Thanks in advance!!!
  2. First of all, why can't you contact your office? It's during office hours and I'm sure they'll be open.

But with regards to your question, yes. You will get a travel warrant for your trip to Catterick.
  3. Then the Number 26 or 27 bus from Darlo Station.
  4. You should get a rail warrant for travel to Darlington, and get picked up from there unless things have changed recently mate.

sent from my HTC wildfire using spackatalk, so I'm probably pissed.
  5. Thanks alot!!
  6. We dont deal with rail warrants any more so a ONE WAY ticket will be booked, best off letting them know you require one in advance of going in for your OATH so they can book through HRG and have waiting for you. Your JI's for Catterick are now out so make sure you get the correct ones from your Recruiter which will have all travel arrangements on unlike other ATR's that have generic JI's you will find ITC have different ones for each start date and make sure you follow them to the letter and not listen to muppets on the Kit list forumns on here. Main thing take a good sense of humour and if a angry looking oldish blonde with a pooch called PIP starts chatting you up at Darlo station dont steal her vodka or she starts windmilling.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks a lot for the advice.

The PIP bit made me laugh!!
  8. The IRON might be up to date on recruiting issues, but he's a tad behind the times on the dog front.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Things have changed a bit. No more rail warrants and a bus from Darlington. There used to be a four tonner and a screaming corporal as a welcoming committee. Even older sweats might remember the branch line from Richmond that took you directly into camp centre.

And don't ever go to The Walkerville/Scabs... the main reason being that you will now be shopping in a Lidl rather than drinking/fighting/shagging for the honour of your regiment. They do a very nice potato salad, however.