Travel rules change

Yokel

LE
My brother is currently in Barcelona, following doing a 160km run last weekend. Rather than return home and self isolate, he opted to stay out there until Monday. He assumed that the restrictions would change as planned.

The news is saying that the rules are changing on Monday. Will my brother need to self isolate? He did a COVID-19 test yesterday, and has had both doses of the vaccine.

Last edited:
My brother is currently in Barcelona, following doing a 160km run last weekend. Rather than return home and self isolate, he opted to stay out there until Monday. He assumed that the restrictions would change as planned.

The news is saying that the rules are changing on Monday. Will my brother need to self isolated? He did a COVID-19 test yesterday, and has had both doses of the vaccine.
Why are you asking this here? The place to look for this kind of information is the Government website. Why would you think that you wouldget a more authoritative answer on arrse?

Yokel

LE
Because I looked at the Government website, and it did not appear to have been updated, and are still talking of things being relaxed at 0400 on Monday.

I also wondered if any ARRSERs had recently returned from Spain.

Because I looked at the Government website, and it did not appear to have been updated, and are still talking of things being relaxed at 0400 on Monday.

I also wondered if any ARRSERs had recently returned from Spain.

My cousin came home for the weekend from Spain to watch the England vs Italy game and all he had was the Spanish covid certificate (no isolation returning to Spain).

I suppose this isn't really helpful as it's the other way around for your brother (UK residency, just having a jolly in Spain), though kind of highlights the absurdity of it all...

My cousin came home for the weekend from Spain to watch the England vs Italy game and all he had was the Spanish covid certificate (no isolation returning to Spain).

I suppose this isn't really helpful as it's the other way around for your brother (UK residency, just having a jolly in Spain), though kind of highlights the absurdity of it all...

Covid rules absurdity?

Oh, do fcuk off.

Ritch

LE
Why are you asking this here? The place to look for this kind of information is the Government website. Why would you think that you wouldget a more authoritative answer on arrse?

Because people on here might have been through a similar situation and it's better than getting information from a paragraph on a website.

Some people think they're the bloody gatekeepers of ARRSE.

Because people on here might have been through a similar situation and it's better than getting information from a paragraph on a website.

How could they have been through a similar situation, when the new rules that he is asking about start next Monday?

Given the amount of outright bollox represented as absolute truth that’s posted on arrse, I would have thought that anyone with half a brain cell would have researched this themselves.

Ritch

LE
Given the amount of outright bollox represented as absolute truth that’s posted on arrse, I would have thought that anyone with half a brain cell would have researched this themselves.

Well that's it. We all obviously can't have the same amount of excellent brainpower that you have.

I bow down before you.

Well that's it. We all obviously can't have the same amount of excellent brainpower that you have.

I bow down before you.
If it takes you a massive amount of brainpower to realise that someone can’t already have followed rules that don’t come into force until 2 days in the future, then obviously I don’t expect you to be able to read a Government website and understand the information. In that case, asking a bunch of random strangers on a vaguely military themed forum is the obvious answer.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC

This. Thank you. We all recognise the wealth of information that is the bedrock of ARRSE.

It's always my first point of call, why shouldn't it be everyone else's?

@lastwalt Here, there is the chance of getting a straight answer. No need to wade through sites with stacks of gen, where the answere you're looking for is buried in doublespeak.

You should be encouraging users, not laughing at them.

This. Thank you. We all recognise the wealth of information that is the bedrock of ARRSE.

It's always my first point of call, why shouldn't it be everyone else's?

@lastwalt Here, there is the chance of getting a straight answer. No need to wade through sites with stacks of gen, where the answere you're looking for is buried in doublespeak.

You should be encouraging users, not laughing at them.
Your assertion is that the UK Government deals in doublespeak. That is an assertion that I wouldn’t normally argue with, however if you really believe that any question posed on arrse will not get multiple, contradictory answers then, I would say our experiences greatly differ.

The OP’s question was quite specific. If the UK Government can’t supply the answer (UKgov website does, in fact) why would arrsers have the answer?

Mainland Spain does not appear to be 'at risk' to move to Amber from Green, but the Islands will move to Amber. Not very likely things will change suddenly, they seem to give quite a few days notice.
I did see that France seems to be lumped in with RED now, so I wouldn't be tempted to nip over the border/transit.
Red, amber and green list rules for entering England

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Your assertion is that the UK Government deals in doublespeak. That is an assertion that I wouldn’t normally argue with, however if you really believe that any question posed on arrse will not get multiple, contradictory answers then, I would say our experiences greatly differ.

The OP’s question was quite specific. If the UK Government can’t supply the answer (UKgov website does, in fact) why would arrsers have the

Our experiences of the site obviously differ. If a member asks a question, answer it. If you can't answer it, then the thread has nothing to do with you, unless you want to steer them to an answer.

You have no idea as to who could help. This site is full of helpful people.

Your reply to a genuine question was abrasive and unnecessary.

You, like others before you, have now stumbled across my pet hate.

Latest Threads