Travel Insurance

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Fablonbiffchitthe1st, Jul 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know of a travel insurance company that will provide holiday insurance for a young male teen with Pfieffers Syndrome. Preferably cover that doesnt cost more than the holiday.

2. I'm with these robbing bastards, which is sometimes a good thing.

Advance Travel Insurance: HSBC advance insurance | HSBC UK

• Like Like x 1
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If they are planning to travel within Europe, give these a try:

EHICPlus Travel Insurance: holiday insurance with EHIC, E111; annual travel insurance; travel insurance for over 65

They will cover a wider range of pre-existing conditions because the policy insists that you use an EHIC card (E1-11 in old money) to make full use of the reciprocal healthcare arrangements within the European union. Whatever you do, make sure that a full and honest declaration of all material facts about the condition, treatment, medication etc is made or you will be left out to dry if you need to make a claim. If in doubt, phone them. They will talk you through the application system, and have a highly experienced doctor on the team who can make an informed medical case to the underwriters on your behalf.

Better to make an informed decision about whether to travel knowing you don't have insurance than bluff it and find out you don't when you are abroad and really need it.

4. I am not ginger.

Not today anyway.

It's light brown. I might be ginger tomorrow though depending on my mood. Then again, I might go blonde again. My hair has swing moods. My cuffs and collars tell me I'm not ginger though.

400 arrsers can verify that.

5. If you wentby your cuffs and collars you'd be bald!

6. It is actually true that when you are as fat as me, your hair doesn't grow.

I get downy hair leg things and my underarms have not been tweaked for nearly 10 months. It's annoying. My swede hair is growing, and going all curly. I sometimes shout at myself in the mirror and go "What the **** is that"?

How often do you shave your legs?

Slug hugs xxxxxxxx

7. I don't bother anymore, there's a recession on and by the time you add up the cost of razors and flights to Afghanistan just to see my legs it's not really worth it. Besides my hairy back needs more grooming.

8. You two keep your sexual shenanigans for pming

9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The majority of these affinity schemes have a previous disability exclusion clause - in other words, if you have a history of suffering from a medical condition, they will not pay out for claims relating to it.

The Natwest advantage Gold account Strange1702 suggested requires you to call and declare any pre-existing conditions. They do not have a lot of freedom to accept pre-existing conditions outside of a fairly limited range of simple, controlled conditions.

As ever, check very carefully before you rely on something like this.

10. Might be worth contacting the support group for this syndrome.
    Though I don't know about this particular group, often support groups have
    recommendations from other members when they have found good insurers so a question on their forum may come up with a
    result.
    Pfeiffer Syndrome Support Group

11. Club direct & saga cover pre existing conditions. If its for europe get an ehic card on line