Travel Costs

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by nebapneb, Jan 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just been looking on the 4para website

it says "You will also be reimbursed for your travel costs whilst traveling to and from the TA Centre"

now is there a practical limit for this as in i'm in south wales and were i insane enough to think i were worthy,
    let alone fit enough for the paras, it's a £66 trainfare alone let alone the travelcard on the tube

i suppose the answer would be the same for any of the national units?

2. Nationally recruited TA come from all over the country, our OC comes from the Isle of Man for example, several guys live on the south coast (250 mile trip) while i live 20 minutes away!

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

In theory it could be done, as we have people commuting from all over the country.

That said, your nearest location would be B Coy in London and whilst many over the years have promised that they would make the journey without fail, none have.

4. god i love a challenge
    if i can only stop loving greggs as much then i'll be there :D

Q:the 34 age limit. is that on attestation or is it age 33 & 365 days ok & 34yrs & 0days is too old?

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No, the theoretical upper age limit is as per the whole TA of 43 years but we prefer the ages as per the website. However, each case is taken on its own merits. The answer (as per usual) is to phone up and ask.

It is not about being overly elitist, but about not wasting time and resources on people who do not have a realistic chance of passing the training. This is a combination of age, fitness and also location (as this drives attendance).