Travel Claims on Posting

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Horlicks, Apr 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone ever gone into battle over the fact that you are not entitled to claim your ferry and car costs for travel to Germany when reporting for duty? I know that the stock answer is that you are entitled to claim flights and therefore therefore there is no need to claim for travel by car! I'm feeling slightly more combatative than usual and would like to take this one on.

2. Old chesnut I'm afraid, snowballs chance in hell springs to mind. We all agree that is is a cr*p deal but this is not one to waste your time on.

3. I like those odds and I'm short enough of cash to quibble. My anecdotal evidence is that the majority of those posted to Germany will make there own way at personal cost. I suspect that the number of airline seats that the MOD charter would not match the number that move and therefore make a nice little saving. A FOI inquiry may get some numbers.

What excuses beyond quoting JSP 752 have you seen rolled out.

4. hehe love it!

5. Can you still get your triangular journey, that used to be a tidy sum. Especially posted from South of England to Germany with a leave address in Scotland - nice :D

6. I passed this issue to AFF in Germany and they agreed that it effects many, but that there haven't been any complaints. So the normal state of apathy exists! I've asked them to do some digging and we will see where we go from there.