Travel Accom RESPOD and Hotels

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Yorkie, Jul 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I start my new job on 8 Aug. The house I am taking over is empty from 4 Aug, but DHE will not allow me to move in until 19 Aug (to allow them to clean it).
    They have suggested that I commute as there is no nearby mess or single accommodation available. This will be about 2hrs each way, and during my handover period the work hours are 8 til 8ish, depending on places being visited.
    I would like to stay in a nearby hotel within walking distance for two weeks and then move, so that I can concentrate on the job. The wife, who is 35 weeks pregnant, will move to the mother in laws until the new house is available.
    Is this an unreasonable request? I have tried getting DHE to allow an earlier move in, but rules are rules it seems. Any other advice please?

2. We love mind-stretchers like this at Doctrinus Towers. She-who-must-be-obeyed is looking through the books as we speak...although early indications are not good...lots of mutterings along the lines of 'hotel 1 day this side, 3 days the other side' keep drifting downstairs to me....wait out. :D

3. Right.

You cannot commute more than 50 miles. End of story. Get your map out, find out how far your journey is, and if it exceeds this, let me know!

4. Darth- you are the Master!

5. Not really - I just believe in looking after our people.

Now where's that MBE.....

6. It is at the Medal Office- it will be with you...shortly!