Traser P6508 Code Blue

#1
The new Traser P6508 Code Blue has finally arrived in the UK. It is a P6500 with Blue Light Sources and a Red Second Hand.

For More Information Click Here

Also if you see any watch advertised by a Company called w-w-watch24 on ebay, be very careful. He supplies from Greece and NOT the UK and he does not offer warranty support on any watch he sells. We have emails on file from UK customers who have contacted us for warranty help on the various brands he sells. All with the same story, watch breaks and he ignores the emails for service. Unfortunately we cannot help these customers. If you think this is just 'sour grapes' we would be happy to supply corroberating information to the ARRSE admin should they request it.

 
#2
Bugger, sod, and bastid.
Ordered one from that bloke about 4 days ago :( .

Do "his" watches "go wrong" more than Trasers bought from your store? Are they fake? Or is it just that they are not covered by warranty?
This is not me being arsy or being a pain in the arse by the way, not intentionally at least - I just want to establish how likely I am to have bought a lemon :? .

As long as it is a genuine functional Traser, not one made out of feta cheese, I'll happily consider it a lesson learned. :roll:
 
#4
Ronnie, can I ask - you had any problems with your traser at all?

(As above, I am not deliberatley trying to make trouble for Telford Services bloke (and I do realise that it could be misconstrued that way - trust me I'm not), and will buy future watches from there, if only for the added peace of mind, but I just want to know, as I say, if I have bought a lemon or not :( )
 
#6
Mine turned up earlier today and seems fine. Being my first GTLS/Traser watch, I got it out of the box and the first thing I said was "The tritium stuff is not working".look later this evening...
Now it works :D .

I'm still not happy about the warranty thing though, will be keeping a close eye on TS when the time comes to replace the code blue.
Hopefully when that time comes I'll have a stripe or two myself ;) .
 
#7
Watch out for the latest scam. Someone is offering code blue's at about £118 but my understanding is that these maybe refurbished models, not used, but ones that didn't pass QC first time around and had to go back into the factory to be fixed.
 
#8
MilitaryWatches said:
Watch out for the latest scam. Someone is offering code blue's at about £118 but my understanding is that these maybe refurbished models, not used, but ones that didn't pass QC first time around and had to go back into the factory to be fixed.
It's the same greek bloke I think, that's what I paid for my code blue.
Like I say, I'll be shopping from official suppliers like yourself from now on, but for the time being, my traser works just fine, and if it did have a problem with it, it doesn't now.
 
#9
Hmmm. Doesn't sound like a good advert for Trasers. Essentially, "make sure you've got a good warranty" surely infers "because you'll need it."

Similarly, the inferences that "unused, factory-refurbished watches, identified as having problems during the QC procedures" are of lower quality than "unused non-refurbished watches that were not identified as having problems during QC checks" seems a bit over the top. Under typical QA procedures, only a proportion of the goods would be tested. I'd probably be more inclined to buy a watch that had been tested, found faulty, then fixed than one (possibly even from the same batch) that may not even have been tested.

To me, the warnings seem to cry "These watches are a bit iffy, but if you buy it from me and it goes wrong, I'll send it back to the manufacturer."

But then, I'm just a cynic who has little faith in QA/QC procedures and is wary of anybody who emphasises "guarantee." For one retailer to be able to claim that his guarantee is better than another's, there must have been instances of faulty products.

Note: the use of quotes in this post are for readability rather than as a direct transcript.
 
#10
In anticipation...

Right, a manufacturer produces waterproof watches. His QA procedure says that he will submerge one watch in every 100 for 24 hours to test the waterproofing.

While this watch is being tested, the rest continue through the packing and shipping process.

The watch develops a leak. It is inspected and all components checked and replaced as necessary. It is re-tested and found to be OK now, so it is put back into the packing and shipping process.

It is found that this was the only watch out of 10 tested that failed, so it is felt that there is no need to recall the other watches.

Result - if there was a glitch in the manufacturing process that was subsequently overcome (and this could be someone who started work with a hangover which dissipated during the day), there could be up to 199 dodgy watches in the delivery department. Hence I'd rather have the one that had been fixed as it would be less likely to develop a fault requiring the invocation of the guarantee.
 
#11
Not wishing to contradict Trevor from Telford Services....

The only difference between Trevor's watches (sourced from Graham Green - Traser importer, seller and repairer - http://www.h3-watches.co.uk/) and w-w-watch24 is the warranty.

Watches bought in the UK are covered by the UK warranty and can be fixed by Graham Green. Watches bought from w-w-watch24 still have the full Traser warranty, but need to be sent back to Switzerland.

The e-Bay shop w-w-wwatch24 is run by Global Watch Source who is an authorised dealer of Traser watches.

Don't believe me!! Check the Traser website - http://www.traserh3watches.com/en/dealer/ Select Greece

I have bought from George at w-w-watch24 and have had no problems at all.

Cheers

Nobby
 
#12
I've needed the warranty on my Traser twice. Bloody thing kept filling with water while I was diving. The warranty is definately worth the extra cash.
 
#14
ScaleyFins said:
I've needed the warranty on my Traser twice. Bloody thing kept filling with water while I was diving. The warranty is definately worth the extra cash.
I take it that you would definitely recommend Traser to your mates?

If I needed the warranty on anything more than once, it would be returned for a full refund and I'd get something more reliable.

In addition, it sounds as though you paid extra for a warranty. If the item doesn't do what it says on the box, you just return it for a refund - no warranty necessary.
 
#15
putteesinmyhands said:
....In addition, it sounds as though you paid extra for a warranty.
I think he means that is is worth paying more to buy a watch from a UK reseller (who are more expensive than w-w-watch24) than a cheaper grey market import.

BTW watch out for the Code Blue as I have a friend who is a reseller and all of his have had slightly loose hands. It is a right pain in the arse as I bought one, set the time and half an hour later the minute hand was nearly a minute out due to a loose hand. Apparently it is normal and is referred to 'movement backlash'. I contacted Traser directly and was told it is a 'characteristic' of the 5 Jewel Ronda 715 movement - it is not classes as a fault and therefore not covered under the warrantly. Also the bezels do not line up properly with the minute marker.

You might think I am a fussy bar-steward but if I am paying over a ton for a watch I want it to tell the time properly.

All I have now is a standard P6500/nato strap with a cheap 1 jewel Ronda 515 movement and no loose hands.

Cheers

Nobby
 
#16
nobbynobbs said:
BTW watch out for the Code Blue as I have a friend who is a reseller and all of his have had slightly loose hands. It is a right pain in the arse as I bought one, set the time and half an hour later the minute hand was nearly a minute out due to a loose hand. Apparently it is normal and is referred to 'movement backlash'. I contacted Traser directly and was told it is a 'characteristic' of the 5 Jewel Ronda 715 movement - it is not classes as a fault and therefore not covered under the warrantly. Also the bezels do not line up properly with the minute marker.
Oh great! So this eliminates the need to synchronise watches at the O Gp then?

Reminds me of the the phrase "It's nearly twenty past....... Oooh! I must get a little hand put on this watch" (For those of you who remember Hilda Baker in "Nearest & Dearest").
 
#17
nobbynobbs said:
putteesinmyhands said:
....In addition, it sounds as though you paid extra for a warranty.
I think he means that is is worth paying more to buy a watch from a UK reseller (who are more expensive than w-w-watch24) than a cheaper grey market import.

BTW watch out for the Code Blue as I have a friend who is a reseller and all of his have had slightly loose hands. It is a right pain in the arse as I bought one, set the time and half an hour later the minute hand was nearly a minute out due to a loose hand. Apparently it is normal and is referred to 'movement backlash'. I contacted Traser directly and was told it is a 'characteristic' of the 5 Jewel Ronda 715 movement - it is not classes as a fault and therefore not covered under the warrantly. Also the bezels do not line up properly with the minute marker.

You might think I am a fussy bar-steward but if I am paying over a ton for a watch I want it to tell the time properly.

All I have now is a standard P6500/nato strap with a cheap 1 jewel Ronda 515 movement and no loose hands.

Cheers

Nobby
I've had mine for a week:

It is true, the bezel does not exactly line up with the minute marks on the watch body itself, and the same can be said for the second hand itself, where the time is always displayed in fractions of a second: (quarter past two and 10 and 6/7 seconds) As for the loose hands, the only thing along these lines is that when you turn the crown to adjust the time, it takes a little (tiny!) bit of a turn before the mechanism "catches" and the hands start rotating. Once that happens, the hands sweep smoothly around to wherever you need them to go. I haven't "lost" any seconds, nor have my hands slipped down to somewhere they shouldn't be.

So I spose the claims are true, and that the watch, as new, has a couple of issues with it, but not - so far - losing seconds or loose hands.

Are they really issues? In my opinion, no, with the exception of the loose hands - which I have yet to experience. If you want sub-second precision, you should get a digital watch. If like me, you only look at the thing to see how late you are, it's fine.

The best way to look at it is that the code blue is an entry leval watch - an introduction to the world of trasers, if you like. Christ, I own an Aprilia, so this watch isn't exactly the least reliable thing I own. Five jewels isn't a lot, as far as watches are concerned - a friend just bought a poljot watch with 20+ jewels - you get what you pay for - I'd hope that many of traser's watches have more than 5 jewels - I don't know that much about them to be honest...

When all said and done though, I've not had any problems with it. It tells the time. There's only so many things that can go wrong, and so far, none of those really have :).

I'm replacing it with a better one at the end of phase 2 anyway :), possibly a classic chrono BD or something like that.

The Code Blue could be better, but there aren't any major areas in which it fails. But then, perhaps that's only because I use mine to tell the time :wink: (and to show off to people (look it's glow-in-the-dark!) )

No regrets here :) .

EDIT - had the watch nearly a week now, and can't recommend it enough. They really are the mutt's nuts :D .
 

Attachments

#18
Bought my watch from our freind trevor and sent it back for a warranty repair registered post and paid the fee but have not heard anything for over a year despite repeated attempts to contact telford services (I`m not the only one). So your probably safer with the greek guy. If your out there trevor feel free to reply I`m not interested in the fee all I wants my fechin watch back but I wont hold my breath.
 
#19
ScaleyFins said:
I've needed the warranty on my Traser twice. Bloody thing kept filling with water while I was diving. The warranty is definately worth the extra cash.
There seems to be a trend for watches not to be as waterproof as they claim. My G-Shock says WATER 20BAR RESIST on it, which should be around 190m IIRC, yet the manual tells me it isn't suitable for scuba diving? Eh?
 
#20
BZ: The reason for this is that watches are tested at a static pressure. When swimming, there's an additional kinetic pressure.

The static pressure is quoted so that a potential buyer can compare the relative water resistance of different watches. So a watch that is tested to 5m may leak in the shower and one that is tested to 30m may leak when swimming (or even in the bath if you subject it to rapid wrist movements 8O ).

On the other hand, I've had watches designated "shower-proof" that have performed perfectly well when swimming.
 

Similar threads

Top