Trapped in a Brothel

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CharlieBubbles, Dec 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2228263,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=11

It is being reported that FOUR are to share some £140,000 in compensation for thier time being forces to work as slaves in one brothel!

This will open the flood gates to many more claims placed upon central govenment, YET, if you have served both Queen and County, you still have to fight of a minium of help from the state.

What the FCUK is this bloody government doing again? Will this only add the the anger felt by many, of those who have lost loved ones and those will have to spend the rest of their lives rebuilding lives, when they were sent into combat?

God help us all! :x

2. FOR FCUKS SAKE.

Does anyone else out there want to come and leach of our country?

How is it the fault of this country that they were trafficked in?

How about more direct methods of ending trafficking? We raid a brothel, all those inside are arrested. If you own the brothel/traffik then you get killed and all your assets seized for compensation. If you are using the Brothel, you get publicly shamed and all your assets seized.

The victims get all the cash.

Win Win. The victims get compo, the baddies get slotted. This may then start a downward trend in Traffiking to Britain.

I've got no dramas with the trafficked staying in UK afterwards, and to receive what help they need. I do disagree with handing over wodges of cash. Esp MY cash.

Could we please have some sort of border control? My dogs (who are British) seem to be subjected to more thorough checks than most foreign humans.

3. The thing that gets me is that there is a very clear link between the people who smuggle Tobacco and DVD's and the people who smuggle guns, drugs and people. Yet if you go down Holloway road right now there will be a group or 5 or six Romanians selling fags and DVD's. Some times PCSO's turn up but nothing happens. We should say F*ck your human rights and mag to grid them. Unless we tackle all aspects of smuggling then this will still be a problem.

T C

4. I think the major difference is that they didn't volunteer, whereas soldiers do. Even in the relatively cushy late-eighties when I joined, you signed up knowing death or injury were a possibility. These women were abducted (often as children) and repeatedly beaten and raped. Comparing that to the fate of injured soldiers is a bit distasteful, to my mind. In both directions.

Have a bit of compassion, they could have been your kids.

5. Thats got to hurt

you lads are paying money to sex slave workers

and your not even getting a shag

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I remember watching a program some years ago on trafficking and so you know the level of interest the authorities have, there was I think just 5 officers in the Met allocated to tackling it!!

7. Your sentiments do you credit, however the question needs to be asked, why does the British Taxpayer have top fork out compenation? This Govt no matter how low it has sunk has not yet reached the depths of smuggling in girls as sex slaves, therefore it is not the British peoples responsibility to pay out to these girls.

8. Would we have a responsibility if these women and children are smuggled in to meet a demand from British tax payers. Who are these women and childrens customers?.

9. Drive over the speed limit,get nicked.

Sell drugs,counterfeight DVDs,videos,get away with it.

Run a brothel with trafficked slave labour,also get away with it.

Result of a cr*p ,corrupt government,police run on political lines with an excuse of a Home Secretary otherwise known as Jacqui Spliff.

Too many coppers who are useless,led by politically appointed fast-tracked Chief Constable prats who suck up to to Liarbore at every opportunuty.

Left-wing judges who are useless,lawyers who are corrupt.

The chickens are coming home to roost,the results of the last 50 years of a corrupt and liberal crime and punishment policy.

The answer,probably nothing short of marshal law,followed by a thourough purge of incompenance in the police, the courts,and above all the Home Office.

It'll never happen.

If the Tories get in,it'll be just as bad.

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Hmm its a difficult one this. People smuggling for the sex business is deplorable. But if you legalised prostitution and regulated and monitored brothels this problem would vanish pretty much. IMHO.

11. Well, the German experience doesn't entirely support that as sadly there will always be a market for the underage and, lets face it, the forced. But it'll definitely reduce so much of the associated public health and public order issues as well as a massive amount of the crime.

12. From a friend who works in the trade. These girls aren't normally held in what you'd call a Massage palour or the like. The'll be held in what look like ordinary houses on ordinary streets with a high Eastern European working population. These houses wouldn't be advertised in the back pages of local papers or little signs in newsagents in English, but by word of mouth. By and large, they're not meeting a need amongst British tax payers but overeseas tax payers.

And by the way. Why the f**k are we paying comp? The only money we should pay out is a split of any monies found and a ticket home!

13. Ord_Sgt - Good point but isn't the Security Industry regulated and monitored?
    There is a massage "house" practically over the road fro the Asylum reporting centre in Leeds (allegedly) - nothing ever gets done as the Police are busy giving out speeding tickets stopping kids on bikes and making placards for their upcoming strike

14. From a friend who works in the trade. These girls aren't normally held in what you'd call a Massage palour or the like. The'll be held in what look like ordinary houses on ordinary streets with a high Eastern European working population. These houses wouldn't be advertised in the back pages of local papers or little signs in newsagents in English, but by word of mouth. By and large, they're not meeting a need amongst British tax payers but overeseas tax payers.

And by the way. Why the f**k are we paying comp? The only money we should pay out is a split of any monies found and a ticket home!

I'm not for paying compensation but do agree with some form of financial assistance to return home. The customer base problem remains though if the customer base is from workers paying tax in the UK regardless of their nationality, unless you are suggesting that only illegal workers are using their services.

15. Do we compensate foreign nationals who are raped/abducted by Brits as a matter of course? If not, hard to see why this (undeniably awful) case merits compensation. Moreover, do British women who are raped and abucted get the same level of compensation from the Criminal Injuries Board? Again, if not, hard to see why this case merits such an award.