Transsexual Jesus any one

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by re-stilly, Nov 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Linky

Some artist in Glasgow has painted a transsexual Jesus. Had a giggle, the Christian outrage bus is fired up and loaded with gravel and pointy stones.
    :D

2. I wonder if the throbber has the gonads to offend the muslim religion in the same way.

3. I like the thought of them Spandex suits and Light Cycles with a Tranny Jesus...

It just feels right somehow.

4. You are thick and ignorant aren't you Jesus IS a Muslim prophet. And you wonder why Muslims get the hump.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's impossible to offend Jesus (he's dead you know). Anyhoo - if there's any smiting of idolators, heathens and wotnots to be done, I'm sure the big man upstairs can be outraged on everyone's behalf - no need for outrage vigils.

6. Oh dear.

Religious fundamentalists are great, aren't they.

Jesus: "Love thy neighbour etc. etc."

Idiot: "But Jesus, my neighbour's gay/transexual/foreign."

Jesus: "What?! You didn't tell me that! Wave angry placards around his house and tell him he's an abomination!"

You have to love these people who are selective about what parts of their religion they believe. I'd have more respect for them if they also obeyed the other guff that they thought they were told to do, like not eating oysters on a Tuesday or whatever it is (I don't know exactly the deal, but I'm fairly sure there's a book in the Bible that pretty much tells you that everything bar breathing is a sin...)

Only marginally more respect for them though. And that's not saying a lot, given the starting point...

7. Maybe it was Jesus' big after Easter speech - Hate the gays.

8. If he really wanted to offend everyone, he should have drawn a cartoon of Jesus and Mohammed 69'ing, while Buddha and Shiva stand and wnak off over them.

9. Reminds me somewhat of the 3 cheeky chaps in the Kelvingrove Museum using Salvador Dali's Christ of St John of the cross as the Y with the subsequent M C and A posing on the right.

I cant find the one with the authentic Glaswegian scallywags, but here's one in the same style for your amusement.

[​IMG]

10. That's the beautiful thing about the Bible - you can spin it any way you want to match your own beliefs, depending on which bit of the book you choose to read. It's a brilliant bit of marketing; no wonder Christianity's so popular.

Edited to add: Spot the athiest!

11. When I was a Catholic kid they used to make us pray for the conversion of the Jews. So much for the power of prayer!

12. Something like Moohamed as Peadobear with a 6 year old Aliyah?

Never happen old boy, why the Islam is Peace crowd would burn down businesses, and threaten to behead any who speak ill of such an understanding inclusive religion. You can almost hear the cries of "Olive Snackbar" from here.

Then there is the whole Western leftie guilt trip to deal with. Artist would have to overcome that, and its Non PC to belittle any religion other than Christianity, Jewish, Buddhist, etc.

The Muslims must be protected at all cost of offence

13. Now he has had his free publicity,will he go away now?

14. Err! 'scuse me, but Jesus was a Jew, or he was last time I read the Bible.

15. He's refering to Islam being an offshoot of Christianity, which in turn is an offshoot of Judaism. So Jesus was a Jew, but he is also the major Christian prophet, and a minor Islamic one.