Transparent Taxes? The new plan.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chocolate_frog, Mar 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just had something like that for my council tax. It's about as clear as mud. Not a bad idea in principle, though.

2. This will be as much use as your mate coming back at dark o'clock saying,

'I've done £30 on booze, £75 on a tart, £40 on drugs, £5 on a kebab £7.50 on shopping for the week. Give me another £250.'

The only difference is you can say no to your mate.

This is as much use as the on-line petition crap, we might have a debate if enough people sign up. More flummery and flim-flam. Worthy of Blair and Campbell.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Can I move some of the money around, I'd like more on defence less on welfare.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hmmm. Is this more or less likely to encourage the mass of population to see themselves as a rabble of special interest groups, climbing over each other like so many lizards in a pit?

More likely I would think. Which would suit the people syphoning off the cream very nicely.

5. I rest my case.

6. Eh?

7. Don't worry all yours went on defence someone else paid for welfare. Thank you for writing to David Cameron.

8. The government should include a breakdown of the money they've also borrowed/printed on top, and also a breakdown of accumulating national debt by category...

9. May I ask why this idea hasn't been put into practice long before now?

10. I don't care where it goes really as long as I pay less. A conservative govt really should be giving us tax breaks now.

11. It has; you could do what the Mail has done, and sit down with a copy of the national accounts and a calculator and work it all out to your heart's content.

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

What a waste of time and money. Will it make any difference where we know it has been spent, we can't change it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I noted there was nothing there about how much was being given to subsides banks, and nothing about how much we subsidise supermarkets via the CAP. All this sort of thing does is encourage people to fight over how the goodies are shared out, rather than questioning who ultimately benefits from the system running as it does.