transformers 2 revenge of the fallen

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by brighton hippy, Jun 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. took my son to see it 2 hrs of things blowing up.
    very real looking giant robots blowing up.
    and most of the us military's hardware as extra's

leave brain behind and marvel at the explosions :D

2. Sorry......loved the first one, hated this! Awful (explosions aside). It's true, the three most crucial aspects of a film are; the script, the script and the script!

Cringeworthy. Save your cash.

3. Sorry, but have to agree with Barkers - loved the first one but this one is hoop. Got to the point where I was just willing it to end. Seriously - don't bother...

4. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Switched off brain, oggled fit women, watched things blow up....script was crap but hey who cares.

S_R

5. it was superb

6. Liked the first one but this was rubbish storywise, the CGI was amazing but the story was just so weak.

7. I went yesterday - really enjoyed it. Not the thinking mans classic, but a really good blast

8. It was never going to be Forest Gump now was it. Just switch off and enjoy!

9. The ' middle' of a trilogy is always the weakest.. just be happy it had enough noise and flash to pass a couple of hours on and patiently wait for part 3 in 2011...

edited to add.. there's always next months GI Joe popcorn fodder.

10. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Theres a script? Hmm must have missed that bit.

Anyway, its a summer blockbuster movie, other than explosions and Megan Fox, what else is needed? I am surprised no one is bitching about getting the Brit uniforms wrong...

And bad news, i think they are planning to wait until 2012 for part three...

11. This weekend I took my 9 year old lad to watch it having both enjoyed the first one.
    1.Arrived at local Cineworld 30 mins before time.
    2. Miscalculated that THIS was premiere weekend waited 15 minutes to get tickets
    3. Waited in queue 20 mins while 8 under 12s - unaccompanied but one group together - besieged snack counter somehow managing to occupy all 3 tills while they asked about prices to work out their cash
    4. Got into screen 9 to find the only seats left were right in the front row
    5. Enjoyed film even though my neck hurt at the end, massive effects and who cares about the script......escapism............can't beat it.
    6. Got home and wrote a note to Santa...'Dear Santa, I want that bleddy Camaro...........Bumblebee not a required option..........the chick could come too though'.

12. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Yeah, it can be summed up as 'boobs, explosions, slow motion boobs.'

It was okay, not as good as the first, and extremely cheesy.

13. Did anyone else notice the Union Jack up-side -down about 5 mins in?

14. Yes, glad it wasn't only me. I'm sure there were a couple of shots where it was upside down.
    As for the script, who cares.........Fast Cars, Fighting Robots and a bit of Eye Candy to look at! A perfect blokes film

15. Gentlemen, I propose that, following the Glorious ARRSE Revolution, we change the School Summer Holidays: all children must attend compulsary Military training for two months. :twisted:

This means we will be able to watch the Summer Blockbusters without some hyper-active little b@stard talking to his mates, using his mobile or having a **** while watching Megan Fox...