Transffering my application

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of joining the TA (Scottish Transport Regiment), but I'm thinking I would actually like to be a regular.

So, if I went down the AFCO, would they have any problems with me already in the process?

I haven't sent off an application form, I have just filled in an interest form and I am getting fit for it. But I have every intention of going forward with it.

Would I need to let the TA Centre know?

Another thing is - I tried to enlist a few times, Once for the Royal Marines and once for the RAF, but my application was rejected on medical grounds (these medical grounds [hirschsprungs disease] do not apply for the Army apparently).

I was in the process of joining the army once before now but due to personal family reasons had to stop the application mid-way through.

Would this hold me back?

Thanks.

Also, what Regiments are considered 'Line Regiments'? Is there a list? And will I be allowed to choose my corps in the army or would it be 'put a preference and we'll see what we can do'?

Many thanks, I am very serious about joining up and once I meet the B.M.I target (4 lbs to go) I'll be straight over to the AFCO.

Thanks again guys.

I am in the process of joining the TA (Scottish Transport Regiment), but I'm thinking I would actually like to be a regular.

So, if I went down the AFCO, would they have any problems with me already in the process?

Yes, I think the Glasgow corporation already has your bus fuelled up and ready.

Would I need to let the TA Centre know?

It would be courtesy at least.

Another thing is - I tried to enlist a few times, Once for the Royal Marines and once for the RAF, but my application was rejected on medical grounds (these medical grounds [hirschsprungs disease] do not apply for the Army apparently).

What is it, a salt water and Brylcreem alergy? Or just an adversion to hard graft?

I was in the process of joining the army once before now but due to personal family reasons had to stop the application mid-way through.

Would this hold me back?

Is this "now" or "then"?

Depends how far you got in applying, and how much inconvienience it all caused.

Thanks.

Pleasure.

Also, what Regiments are considered 'Line Regiments'? Is there a list? And will I be allowed to choose my corps in the army or would it be 'put a preference and we'll see what we can do'?

Mostly "teeth arms", infantry, tankies etc.
Choice should all depend on your entry, test then possible quotas to fill.

Many thanks, I am very serious about joining up and once I meet the B.M.I target (4 lbs to go) I'll be straight over to the AFCO.

Thanks again guys.
Hope it all helps,
Good luck fella.

P

PrinceAlbert

Take your form into the ACIO, and instead of handing it to the scruffy fat **** in the corner (probably munching a greggs) pass it to the schvelt, clean shaven, immaculately turned out, steely-eyed dealer of death next to him.

Take your form into the ACIO, and instead of handing it to the scruffy fat **** in the corner (probably munching a greggs) pass it to the schvelt, clean shaven, immaculately turned out, steely-eyed dealer of death next to him.
ACIO your latest posting then?
Second dude mentioned, for sure.

He's full of shit

Hirschsprung's disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hirschsprung* disease (HD) is a disease of the large intestine that causes severe constipation or intestinal obstruction. Constipation means stool moves through the intestines slower than usual. Bowel movements occur less often than normal and stools are difficult to pass. Some children with HD can’t pass stool at all, which can result in the complete blockage of the intestines, a condition called intestinal obstruction. People with HD are born with it and are usually diagnosed when they are infants. Less severe cases are sometimes diagnosed when a child is older. An HD diagnosis in an adult is rare.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, are biscuits fruit still in rats?

How am I full of shit? Perhaps you would like me to refer you to the surgeon who performed the surgery that cured me when I was 10 years old?

Tell you what, I had a lifetime of shit vacating my body via colostomy bags whilst suffering from it, so for me to be full of the stuff is pretty unlikely.

What is it, a salt water and Brylcreem alergy? Or just an adversion to hard graft?
Nope, love a hard graft, it was the illness, I was P8.

And the personal family problems were about a year and half ago and everything's rosy with it.

Cheers to everyone who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The NAAFI Bar 1
PhaseSpace Officers 49
K Army Reserve 4