Transfers

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by downunder87, Mar 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to transfer from RA to RE, I asked my OC and he said it would not be possible. I have done some research on the Army's website and it tells me I should speak to my RCMO or RAO, how do I go about this, do I knock on his door and ask to speak to him, ask my OC to speak to him or make an appointment through the clerk. The website also states the Transfer process can not be refused but I'm sure that I will be given every excusse to stop me from transfering. Can anyone help? :?

2. Im in the same boat, i want to transfer from Signals... but it dont look good!

3. I was at a transfer fair the other day, and the only people who can refuse a transfer is the receiving capbadge's MCM div. Your CO can delay it if you are warned for ops, however they can ONLY DELAY it.

RCMO's, OCs, COs etc sometimes have a habit of trying to fcuk you about so that you just give up and don't transfer. If you are in germany PM me and I'll give you the number of the bloke in JHQ that deals with transfers that could possibly help you out.

Good luck.

4. The only way it is not possible for you to transfer is if you do not meet the criteria of the trade you wish to transfer into. You will be given all sorts of excuses, but they cannot stop you transferring. Best bet is to speak to your RCMO and try and get to a transfer fair

5. Cheers for the info guys. Does anyone know when the next transfer fair is, the last one was up a SEME in January sometime I remember seeing adverts for it but I wasn't thinking about transfering at the time.

6. check armynet. they usually have the details of when/where etc

7. has there been or is there a transfer market at Deepcut recently? Remember seeing banners advertising one. I seem to remember that the Army is getting big on retention and one the ways they do it is the internal transfer system. DU and Vinyl don't let the fatherless ones put you off, in typical Army fashion they will lose paperwork etc, but keep at it, there is no point staying in a trade you are unhappy in.

8. A transfer can not be denied, but can be delayed in certain circumstances (i.e Warned for an Op Tour).

If you want to speed your transfer up, just march into the OC and say 'Look dickhead, i don't want to leave the Army, just your shit unit'. :wink: