Transfers

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by FlashmanTA, Apr 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I joined a TA unit just under a year ago, got a number and some kit ahead of weekend one but due to all sorts of admin cock ups, never did anything else with that unit. I'm now seeking to get involved with another unit and have started the ball rolling with them but I was wondering if it's best to de-enlist from the original unit and then apply to the new one?

A few people have suggested to me that transfering is more hassle than just leaving and rejoining. I'm worried that I'm going to end up in an admin drama again as the Adj and PSAO of my new unit are going through the transfer route but the ACA I have spoken with said de-enlist and rejoin.

Any helpful advise greatly appreciated!

2. Tempting to say walk into your new unit and tell them that you were attested but never made it to weekend one day one.

3. A transfer now thanks to JPA is literally a 2 minute job, if you get the form filled in and get it sent to your new unit and they send it back and your old lot don't sit on it.

4. he's right, transfer is now dead easy. just go to the unit, explain your wishes, and they'll probably even do the talking to the old unit for you.

5. Also bearing in mind leaving and re-joining involves more JPA effort for people (which can equate into more waiting around for you). To be fair the ACA you spoke to probably doesn't have a great deal of experience with the TA