transfers once in

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by pipe_piper, Jul 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know if it is possible to transfer to mucsician while serving as something else and how easy it is?
  2. Err, why not join up as a musician in the first place?

3. I think you can join.
    At the end of the day the choice is yours if you want to move.

Are you already in or are you joining?

I think in most cases a person is able to transfer if they really want, but most units and regiments really don't like it.

Especially the more elite ones like the Paras.

Anyway depending on what unit there is and the people in it, sometimes if they are really unhappy about it they may make you do a few crap jobs for a few days whilst the transfer goes through.

But if you really are sure and you wanna do it then go for it and don't let it stop you!
  4. i aint in yet was just wonderin if it was possible and how easy it was
  5. It's possible, but not as easy as you'd imagine. The mob you're with doesn't have to let you transfer, as that's what you signed up to do. If they do let you transfer it can take over a year, sometimes longer from what I've heard.

Also they'd ask the question "why did you join up as an xxxxx, when you wanted to be a stretcher bearer?"

They'd also ask "What's wrong with being an you not like our corps/regt?"

Tread carefully if I were you.
  6. Ive got the same problem... Im going in on the 4th of august to train as an avionics technician, however i did want to go artillery.

When i did selection i was 3 seconds away from passing for artillery, however, i did pass for REME. I was told i could be put into basic 3 weeks earlier to boost my fitness in order to gain entry for artillery, but when i asked about this they told me not to bother because there are much better prospects as a technician and because of my GCSE and FE results they say it will suit me better!!

Im not as keen on this job choice and have been told id be waiting until next year for artillery!
    What should i do guys???
  7. The ACIO guys, from stories I've heard, talk crap. They have places to fill, and persuade youngsters to "rebadge later", and other such stories.

Don't listen to them. You're joining the Army, hopefully in a career that you'd want to follow for a while, so stick to your guns.

You wouldn't want to be persuaded in a job centre that you should be a barman when you want to be a binman, in the hope that you can swap jobs later.
  8. Janey

The REME is a better option for later life prospects as you can get a trade out of it, but if you are set on the gunners tell them.

as a gunner we are in need for every man/woman we can get.
  9. Is the Regiment under-manned at the moment then?