Transfers Germany, Gibraltar

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Digi, May 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you join as a paratrooper SE Paratroop can you transfer to Germany or Gibraltar or do you have to be SE Infantry i.e Rifles.

  2. I'm intrigued in what a SE paratroop is

    However if the question is

    "If I joined the Parachute Regiment, would I be based in Germany or Gibraltar" the answer is no, if you want to be based in Germany you need to join a Regiment already there but considering the draw down from Germany then there really isn't any point bothering. As for Gib, they have their own regiment full of Gib people
  3. SE Paratroop is a term on my Candidate jobs list. There is SE Paratrooper or SE Infantryman. If you were in the army and moved to Gibraltar could you transfer to the Regiment?
  4. Ah SE may stand for Specialist Employment or something similar.

    I really don't get what you are asking, if you were in the army you wouldn't move to Gibraltar, you would live where the regiment was based, you may visit on exercise but that's it.
  5. Soldier Entrant?
  6. Senior Entry as opposed to Junior Entry
  7. Not to be confused with "Entering Juniors"


    It being easier for a rich man to enter a camel than a poor man
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.