transferring

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by smeagle, Jul 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been in the army for 7 years now and am interested in transferring to RAMC as a radiographer. On your corps website it says there are options for mature students without a-levels but the bloke i spoke to said i can't do it without. I have got shed loads of UCAS points but all from engineering NVQs gained in the army. Anyone know any different from what i have/ have not been told?

Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers

2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Ordinarily you need three A Levels in appropriate topics (not art, home economics or whatever) for entry to radiography training. You will need 220 UCAS points and this usually equates to two Cs and a D grade. However, if you are a serving soldier and you have the minimum UCAS points in an appropriate area (REME and R SIGS typically do well) then your academic profile should be scrutinised by Birmingham City University for suitability. You should do this through your RCMO and SO2 RAMC Rec.

3. And according to our paperwork there are no Radiographer jobs at the moment.

4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

With respect, cobblers. Radiography is undermanned and are recruiting 4-6 students per year.

5. Eh.

Look at the top left of the paperwork. Is it dated 2008 or 1994.

No dramas though he can have mine, I won't bother packing and Foxy has not been round to mop yet, but it should be ok. I'll leave the keys at the front desk. cheers,

6. Wow, what kind of language is that to be using at that time on a Saturday night?

Smeagle, we truely are very undermanned, I think the expression they use is 'Pinchpoint', or something like that. Anyway, we're all thinking of signing off & starting our own agency anyway. Something like Fronteer Medicine, they earn a packet!! So there will be loads of spaces very soon.

Good luck xx

7. Its Dated 2005 So an update is required from Glasgow then, I wont hold my breathe. Thanks for the update I have a guy who wants that job too

8. Fcuking hell, is this the most popular trade in the British Army all of a sudden?

Whats the attraction?

9. So popular everyone is leaving :D

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You cant beat telling someone to hold their breath and pushing a flashing button.

I bet you lot are great on fruit machines! :wink:

11. Tis better than driving a bed pan and wiping the Doctors Brow. :lol:

12. I only wish we were paid enough to play about with those things.

13. I am now having left :D

14. steminbat, there are now two people sat scratching their heads. There is money riding on this too. Gado thinks you are in ireland. I think you left in november. I maybe wrong 'cos this

Is actually indicative of a sense of humour. Gado I think is wrong cos the individual she is thinking of went wibble. solve the problem for us who gets the 5 bucks. is it 'man with no sense of humour' or 'mr wibble'?

15. Or coming back.