Discussion in 'Gunners' started by stockjIII, Jan 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello lads/ladies,

    Just a quick question. Is it possible for somebody to join say Royal Artillery or Royal Engineers, get their trade and serve a year or so, then transfer to a totally different section of the army i.e. Infantry etc?

    cheers in advance. Jack
  2. Fugly

    Fugly LE DirtyBAT

    Yes. But transferees are normally people who are unhappy in their current trade and feel they are better suited elsewhere. Your question sounds like someone already planning to transfer before they have even joined, which raises suspicion about your motives.
  3. Cheers for your replies. The one and only reason why i ask is because i ultimately would like to try for the Parachute regiment, however i thought getting in the Army, getting a trade, getting fitter and learning more about the Army itself would be a good and sensible thing to do.
    Just as i put out this thread i realized that if you were to go for Royal Engineers you are trained as a soldier, combat engineer, tradesman and then it is possible to choose to specialise as Parachute Engineer. Is this correct?

    Nice one again for any replies. jack
  4. Yes.
  5. So presuming you were to go down this route, would you go on operations as a para? Is the course taken the full 28-week course?

    sorry again just confusing. cheers lads. Jack
  6. Alternately you could join 7RHA, the "Gunner" airborne regiment...The choice is yours??? Whichever you choose, i suggest you give it a bit of time before considering transfer, sometimes there's more to a job than you realise!