Transferring to the Australian Army

IWC

Clanker
FWIW my advice on getting a Lat Trf offer as an applicant with less service under the belt is to to get a tech trade or skill particularly in a future growth area's - cyber, comms, EW etc
Fully trained and with 3+ yrs service I reckon you would stand a very good chance of getting on offer.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Would going to college to get a trade that would make me eligible to get permanent residency and then join the adf whilst serving in the RE reserves be something I could do?

You capitalised RE but not the ADF. A very small thing but enough for me to say **** off, we don't want you here.

We have completed the EOI and that has been successful we have submitted the application now ... can anyone give any indication of the time we should expect to hear back from that ?

chillipep

Clanker
We have completed the EOI and that has been successful we have submitted the application now ... can anyone give any indication of the time we should expect to hear back from that ?
I lat transferred in 2013 to the Australian Army. It wasn’t an easy process. Lots of no comms and something Brits need to be aware of is over the Christmas period, the Defence Forde goes on a 6 week holiday (summer and Christmas leave all at once and it’s the posting cycle). If you haven’t heard anything before the 14 Dec 2021, you will likely not receive any communication until the end of Jan 2022. This is when we come back to work. Also, the person you were talking to May be handing over so there will be a lag in continuity. The best thing to do is get a contact already in the Australia Army (former friend who moved over) or get in touch with an Aussie posted to England. They can reach in and poke whoever needs to be poked. During my year, we had a LTCOL do this as me didn’t hear anything for 5 months.