transferring to signals

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by matt_1234, Oct 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. if you started phase 2 training and it wasnt suited to you could you get a transfer to a different cap badge, im intrested in signals, and what trade is the best, signals electrician or area systems op?

cheers for your time
  2. Area Systems Op no longer exists, it is now ICS operator, I would advise going this path if you are intersted in sitting in the back of vehicles and operating eqpt, however if you are the sort of person who likes working with generators then ED is the path to you, feel free to PM me if you want any more details.
  3. I'm a few years out of date, but been there and done that along with a few others, experience tells me that if you want to transfer to R. in order to 'upgrade' your trade, and you can impress the PSO they'll probably rip your hand off, for example retrading from Dvr to Op/Tech trade, specially the sooner the better if you're in phase 2 (army likes to cut its losses and training isnt cheap), if you want to transfer to a 'lower' trade you may find them tougher to convince.
    As far as trades go, a good idea is to have a look at what trades which Sigs units are (most) short of as that's gonna have a big bearing on your 1st posting...
  4. what capbadge / trade u trying to transfer out of?