Transferring to EHT.(Environmental Health Technician)

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Joe001, Oct 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am on an EHT (Environmental Health Technician) selection board. Could anyone shed some light on what I am expected to know prior to the interview and assessment. I have completed the essay and presentation. There is a numeracy and literacy test as well. Are these hard core aptitude tests or are they more like Key Skills level. On the actual interview itself, what questions should I be prepared to answer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. I've got no experience of this board but I am aware of the personalities who will interview you.

Show an interest in building technology and you will be sorted. Any comments you can make like 'oh Sir are those soffit boards original?' or 'flemish bonding......how interesting!' will go down a treat.

Seriously, make sure you are smartly presented, keen and committed to completing the training and you will be fine. EH is still the best trade in the AMS despite what you might read on other threads.

Good Luck.

3. Thanks a lot for the advice. I will endeavor to do my best. I am feeling nervous already. Thanks again.

4. Mmmmm, Maybe, maybe not, but they do like to blow their own trumpets don't they?

5. But then again, reading on the other threads it seems as if EH is a dying trade.

6. ferk me, that’s heresy - go and wash your mouth out with a solution of WSP (you'll learn about WSP if you make the grade at the selection Board - Walt’s no need to apply!). Far from being a dying trade it’s the only trade over subscribed and in excess of it’s manning ceiling. OK you got a bite so I'm off to to another Forum to rag someone else.................

7. I suppose thats got nothing to do with the fact it's a bit of a doss really... :twisted:

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

No it isn't.

9. OK :p

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

No problem. :wink: