Transferring to AGC (SPS) Advice Please

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Antonio, Oct 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Could anyone give me advice on transferring to the AGC. IE Do you currently need new clerks etc, do i keep my rank (currently Sgt), training i need to do if i get selected, how long etc.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. All I can say is that we have just cut 100 odd Sgts posts, so I would seriously doubt you would keep your rank. Check out AGAI Ch 48 for more info.

3. If you go to the MS website and search for the list of soldier vacancies (or something like that) you will be able to see the latest list by all capbadges of all vacancies that exist in every trade group. It has details of who to contacty for each capbadge.

There is a massively helpful major at APC - Colin someone - who deals with this. Also very worthewhile seeing yor Resettlement Officer at local AEC. He will have full detaisl and a copy of the transfer list as well as knowing thetransfer process inside out.

Whilst there are people leaving each trade group there are also vacancies coming up. i doubt you will keep your Sgt rank, but will not lose pay for 2 years and you are very likely to get your stipes up fairly soon.

Good luck

4. Don't do it!!!

5. What he said,seriously you will regret it.

Diane

6. Ditto

7. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously don't :( :( :( :( :(

8. SPS is currently 103 Sgts and 297 Cpls undermanned so I don't think you will have any problems transferring as long as you are FE and reasonably literate and articulate.

9. Hahahahahaha

10. I said 'reasonably' and everything's relative ;)

11. Like they say mate, its pants. But a job is a job!! I have done it myself about 3 years ago, i kept my rank. As for trg, it would be 9 weeks in Disney Down to qual as a class 3, class 2 trg is done in unit, followed by a class 1 course for 6 weeks back at disney.

But there maybe some problems i.e the last class on course is running in Nov, until JPA is in, so you may be stuck as a class 2 for a while!

Best to ask the SO2, if you can get a stright answer from him/her!!!

12. Now is a good time and a bad time to retrade.

Pros - JPA. Everyone is starting from a fresh playing field. You'll have the same training and experience as anyone else.

Cons - JPA is resulting in less clerical jobs. Docs Spvr is getting hit the most (and between us lets face it, that is the cushy job for a senior in the det).

13. So why did only 88 pick up their Sgt this year when over 200 were boarded? I appreciate we're short of Cpls too but why slow down the careers of those who are ready to progress from one shortage area into another?

14. If you are serious about transferring then go and see your RAO or RAOWO and ask if you can spend some time working with the SPS if you still want to go for it then they will be able to get the ball rolling.