Transferring Regiments

I want to become a chef, would I be able to transfer from my RLC current regiment to 167 Catering Support Regiment and what would the process be?

Reason being is that my current regiment have completely messed up my basic training to the point they have set me back over 6 months.

I want to become a chef, would I be able to transfer from my RLC current regiment to 167 Catering Support Regiment and what would the process be?

Reason being is that my current regiment have completely messed up my basic training to the point they have set me back over 6 months.
You could, or look at any other local units who want a chef, most do!

Calimero

Clanker
You can transfer where you want. Best thing is to a) contact the new unit/Regt to find out about them and positions b) go through your COC to discuss your setback and either resolve it or action your transfer.
From my experience transfers can take 3-6 months to go through.

Calimero

Clanker
So I did mine I contacted their recruiting team (the regiment I now moved to) to get contacts for the relevant unit. I then emailed detailing a bit about myself and my wish to transfer there (I actually contacted four different regiments). One which I was intrested in actually invited me down to have a look and I started the paperwork there.

Then I spoke to my Troop Sgt and explained that I wanted to transfer and why, there were many tears and promises of promotion ans courses, then I filled in the form and started the process.

The first transfer I did because I moved took 5 months to go through, the second one for change of role 3.

The_Duke

LE
As you have been told in your parallel thread, transferring is not guaranteed to make anything move more quickly. In fact, it might slow it down. The regiment you want to transfer to can't do anything until you are officially on their books. The regiment you want to transfer from have no incentive to push you through training if you are leaving them, so you will be in limbo for the duration of the transfer. Only once that is all solved can your new unit start to book you on a course.

If you are transferring because you want a different role or don't like your current unit then fair enough. If you are transferring in the hope of speeding things up, you may well be making a mistake.

Thanks for the advice & info guys. ill stick to the current regiment until my basic training has been completed.

I have to say though that the whole process of recruitment and training a reserve solider is completely unbelievable, takes such a long time and I can see why retention rates are so low if prospective soldiers are hindered at every stage of the process.

Just in my own experience I've seen so many prospective applicants just drop out as the process takes such a long time and especially as most reservists have full time jobs/businesses/careers etc and are willing to join the reservist in their own time and still get messed around.

Latest Threads