Transferring Money to a German account?

#1
Greetings, now I've finally been paid I need to start paying back the Mrs!

Whats the easiest/cheapest/quickest way to transfer money to her German (sparkasse) account?

Any help appreciated.

Goose
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#3
Mongoose said:
Greetings, now I've finally been paid I need to start paying back the Mrs!

Whats the easiest/cheapest/quickest way to transfer money to her German (Sparkhaus) account?

Any help appreciated.

Goose
You need to know the IBAN number...quite easy to calculate if you know the bank and details...will find a page...

[align=center]IBAN[/align]

Also...Paypal does seem to be becoming a default method of sending money, and depending on how much she withdraws it's cheap/free.
 
#4
Alas she doesn't have a paypal account/access to it.


Any idea how much an international transfer costs Nehustan?
I'm only looking to transfer €150
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#5
Mongoose said:
Alas she doesn't have a paypal account/access to it.


Any idea how much an international transfer costs Nehustan?
I'm only looking to transfer €150
You're bank will have a standing charge for it I guess which can be from £10 upwards. Which bank are you with?
 
#6
Nehustan said:
Mongoose said:
Alas she doesn't have a paypal account/access to it.


Any idea how much an international transfer costs Nehustan?
I'm only looking to transfer €150
You're bank will have a standing charge for it I guess which can be from £10 upwards. Which bank are you with?
Watch out, because you may also be charged by the bank at the other end, and/or any banks in the middle (honestly!).
 
#11
Nehustan said:
LostBoss said:
Send her a cheque / bankers draft.

That's the cheapest way.
I think LostBoss could be right. The website for HSBC says it can cost between £15-25. For an amount of €150 thats a bad sting.
My bank charges me around a tenner to cash a foreign cheque, and around 15 quid to issue one in a foreign currency.

Paypal all the way...........well either that or a jiffy bag and registered post!
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#12
I agree with TT, the best thing she can do, and it really costs nowt, is set up a paypal account with an/her email, even if it involves some time down at an internet cafe...
 
#13
You can open a Barclays Euro Account. Cost -nothing to open , then you transfer in , say 110 quid.

Looking at the exchange rates , when its good for you call them and say change the dosh. They do and your in.
 
#14
Mongoose said:
Greetings, now I've finally been paid I need to start paying back the Mrs!

Whats the easiest/cheapest/quickest way to transfer money to her German (sparkasse) account?

Any help appreciated.

Goose
I have just left Germany and as long as I did the transfer via the web (which I think you can do with HSBC) it didn't cost anything, even when sending GBP to a € account (mine was Postbank). You just need the IBAN and BIC code.

good luck

Chris
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bigbadjimmyp Int Corps 26
T Int Corps 2
T Int Corps 4

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top