Transferring into the RE

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by wardy569, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering if any of the people on here had transferred from another cap badge into the RE? I'm in the process of transfering into the RE from the RLC and am wondering what to expect when I get to Gib bks. It's been a while since I was last in a training regt.

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers
  2. not me fella, i made the right choice straight away. :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft:
  3. DITTO, but it was so so long ago. :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft:
  4. Gib? Dunno not been there for a while. Expect all the normal sort of stuff but with more blood sweat and tears than you had at Deepcut. Good news though, you dont need to bring Bodyarmour. :thumright:

Learn the Corps song. Learn about the Corps as much as you can. Show a true desire to be member of the Royal Engineers and your time will pass quickly and with little problem. Sit back and tickover thru it and they'll just label you as an ex RLC tosser and life wont be rosy.

Loyalty is everything as an R.E.

Other than that? Enjoy your time there,

A warm welcome to the Corps.
  5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

What trade are you going for?
  6. that's about the lie of the land within the corps "WARDY".

it's like the football chant "NO ONE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE"

:threaten: :threaten: :threaten: :threaten:
  7. don't you mean:

'and we don't give a f*ck about anyone else cause they don't give a f*ck about us'
  8. he will not know that yet, UNLESS he has learnt the song already. :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft:
  9. Then he should be reading this:

Corps Songs :highfive:
  10. I'm trying to become a sparky, I'm actually looking forward to transferring across as it's going to be a totaly new challenge for me to encounteer. The only thing that could be weird is being surrounded by people that have only just joined the army, especially as i've done 4 years already and am a lance jack.
  11. I was at Gib last week. It's the same as usual, except there in the process of building some more Hesco defences. Gibs good in the Summer time, the place looks nice.

On you're B3 you'll still get to wear you're RLC capbadge and stable belt until you pass off. The have 3 practical tests and one ticktest every week of you're 10 week course.

Sparky? You won't get held up for too long in TV troop then. They'll ship you Chathem within a week, maybe once you pass off.
  12. good man :thumright: :thumleft: :thumright: :thumleft:
  13. It just seems like a good thing to do, the weirdest thing for me is being treated like a tom again but in a strange way i'm looking forward to it.Just wondering how it's goint to work been a lance jack surrounded by new toms. Am I going to be expected to behave like a lance jack in terms of leadership or am i just going to be expceted to crack on?
  14. Shouldn't you be out running? :frustrated:
  15. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Why not ask your instructors when you arrive? I think your best approach will be to play the mature adult who is keen to learn - you have more military knowledge and experience than the others, but have the same level of combat engineer knowledge. You will also be expected to perform well in everything. To be honest your bigger challenge will be when you arrive in a unit and everyone will expect you to have the RE experience of a 5 (by the time you get your trade) year in JNCO.

PS - Sparky - good choice. Welcome to the Corps.