Transferring from TA to Royal Engineers reg

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bill6001, Jun 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi Im wondering if anyone can shed a bit of light on a situation for me .....
    basically I want to join the RE as a Surveyor or Geographic Engineer, I have a degree in Civil Engineering and am currently in the TA. Were it gets complicated is I am currently being mobilised for H19 and was told that if I state I want to join the regular Army before being demobilised the process is a lot quicker and smoother etc.
    Has anyone came across this happening before and is it possible? If so I would appreciate if you could possibly answer a few more questions for me (such as course dates, do I have to complete all the courses from scrath etc) especially if you are already in the RE. Thanks