Transferring from RE to the infantry

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Thundercats, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I'am currently serving in he Royal Engineers and looking at moving to the Infantry particular the Rifles, what am looking for is some information on the Rifles from someone who is serving with them.
    I know people will say try 59/9 SQN however i am looking for a complete change/challenge that the Infantry would bring and not just stay with the corps, basically a complete change of life.
    Also i will be speaking to my RCMO when they are back this so i have some points to throw at them.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Current rank/trade etc would be helpfull?
  3. Go and wash your mouth out with soap!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. X59

X59 LE

Try 59/9 Sqn.
  5. A friend of mine Jimmy wanted to transfer to the guards from the RE not sure what trade he was but they would not let him in the end he left & rejoined as a guards man & went on to get an MID in gulf war 1.
  6. Hi i'am a LCpl and driver trade this also includes tracks
    would the driver trade go against me due to the fact it's not a tech trade?
  7. Fully qualified to drive some vehicles, you want to leave the engineers, Im sure they will give all the assistance you need. Good luck
  8. Try 59/9.

No offence to you warry types, but just what the **** do you want a transfer there for?
    Transfer to a field troop and trying being an Oggie.

You do know your trade pay will be taken off you, don't you?
  9. you do know trade pay was taken off everyone decades ago, don't you?

Infantry are on high-band anyhow.
  10. PM me.
  11. Once a Sapper alwys a Sapper, good luck on your new path and hopefully no regrets
  12. I'm surprised nobodies posted the "you can't transfer down" rumour yet ;)
  13. I think if you go through with it you will be very unpleasantly surprised. The engineers is one of the most laid back organisations in the forces, and transferring to a line infantry battalion will not, in any way, make your life in the forces easier - only the opposite!
  14. X59

X59 LE

You can't transfer down.

Everybody knows that.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Precisely how many decades?

Infantry pay as high as Wedgies now then?