Transferring from R.E to Int Corps - need advice ASAP

Good evening all,

I am due to leaving the Army as of April this year, but have decided to re think my current move and make a career out of the Army.

That being said, i am currently 5 years a sapper mainly due to Army sport and chasing the tracksuit life. I would like to purse a career in the Intelligence Corps, and ideally transfer straight across if that isn't to much paperwork....:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if it would be quicker to leave and re-apply, or remain in the R.E and chase the transfer that way instead?

Is the Intelligence corps receptive to people coming across from other capbadges, and if so has anyone done something similar?

Time is not on my side, with only 3/4months before I am out the Army.

All advice is really appreciated,

Thank you!

Good evening all,

I am due to leaving the Army as of April this year, but have decided to re think my current move and make a career out of the Army.

That being said, i am currently 5 years a sapper mainly due to Army sport and chasing the tracksuit life. I would like to purse a career in the Intelligence Corps, and ideally transfer straight across if that isn't to much paperwork....:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if it would be quicker to leave and re-apply, or remain in the R.E and chase the transfer that way instead?

Is the Intelligence corps receptive to people coming across from other capbadges, and if so has anyone done something similar?

Time is not on my side, with only 3/4months before I am out the Army.

All advice is really appreciated,

Thank you!
Totally unqualified opinion, on account of me being matelot but - You've been in 5 years already and need to ask on an internet forum??

Were your story true, i'm sure the Int corp would welcome your preparation and investigation skills.

morsk

LE
My advice. Speak to your RCMO rather than a bunch of civvies/alchis/ex servicemen who retired when the Wasaw pact was still a thing

I apologise,

I've just got in from my side hustle, and i am bloody shattered. So please do excuse the less than perfect grammar on this occasion.

Exactly, I am struggling with CoC and finding someone who can help me push this through. I mean just even getting on the 3 day assessment...

LE, what's your opinion on INC corps? I feel there is a underlying point you're making there?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I apologise,

I've just got in from my side hustle, and i am bloody shattered. So please do excuse the less than perfect grammar on this occasion.

Exactly, I am struggling with CoC and finding someone who can help me push this through. I mean just even getting on the 3 day assessment...

LE, what's your opinion on INC corps? I feel there is a underlying point you're making there?
Shattered or not, for your sake I hope you're a Wah.

LE is merely a sad reflection of how much time the poster has wasted on Arrse. It's not a user name and INC is not the generally accepted abbreviation for the green slime.

Why not take a moment to gather your thoughts?

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
May I remind posters that this is not the NAAFI.

If you have nothing to add, leave the the thread, practise your 'comedy' elsewhere, and let others with relevant and up to date experience respond to the OP.

May I remind posters that this is not the NAAFI.

If you have nothing to add, leave the the thread, practise your 'comedy' elsewhere, and let others with relevant and up to date experience respond to the OP.
They probably would, if he was not attempting to transfer to the INC Corps (twice).

Slime

LE
Side hustle?? WTF is one of them!
A side hustle is the new buzz phrase for part time job or second job.
I think the phrase has grown in popularity as many people’s side hustles are doing things for themselves rather than an employer, and can earn them more cash than their full time job.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think if you are serious, step one is to withdraw your Notice To Terminate on JPA. If this is approved, you are then in a position to speak, via your RCMO about transferring to the Green Slime and opportunities.

Last edited:

chimera

LE
1. What trade are you in the Corps? The answer to that may well determine whether the Int Corps (note spelling) will even consider you (and might be why your CoC is less than enthusiatic about facilitating your aspirations)

2. Look in the Int Corps Forum - plenty of stuff in there for potential transferees.

3. Get some face time with your RCMO.

A side note *

For those who have responded with decorum and understanding, thank you.

I am currently 35 Engr Rgt, Wimbish as a High Threat Searcher. Looking to transfer with the thought for a long term horizon, as in transitional opportunities when my service career would be at a end down the line.

The fact that I can get fast tracked to Lcpl on completion of the the CLM/Phase 2 training is of course a lure too, with quick promotion if you're good enough aswell.

But ultimately the job itself is something I feel would fit my personality a lot better, I am serious. Come Monday, I will be withdrawing my termination as long as I get the green light from the RCMO after chatting with him.

No doubt more ridicule is inbound, but how do i get on to the INC forum reference transferring?

Latest Threads