Transferring from Infantry

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by B_AND_T, Jan 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Just after a little help if possible.

I have a mate, not me honest, who is considering transferring from the Infantry to your lot. What is he likely to expect?

2. B & T. I would take this opportunity to give you a serious answer before the "Usual Suspects" start the early morning sarcasm (Stand By!). In my long time in the Corps I have line-managed a great deal of transferees and especially Infantry transferees. I can honestly say that they have been top quality individuals mainly because of their professional soldiering experience as well as having a bit of common sense/intelligence. All of the individuals that I have managed have clearly been exposed to the Int world which has resulted in their interest in transferring. In the first instance your "mate" needs to arrange an informal interview with a Corps Officer based close to you - this should give him a reasonable idea of what to expect if his transfer is succesful. If that does not put him off then he needs to then submit the official paperwork - the flash to bang time is of course dependent on how well your Regt values him !!!!! NOW LET THE SARCASM BEGIN .......

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Many thanks

4. massive ego's (some bigger than mine!)

5. seriously fcukin' doubt that.

And egos doesn't need an apostrophe ;-)

6. If you or your mate have/can get access to the Intranet, then look up the Int Corps website. For more details look at Int Corps Policy Directive 3 on the same site under publications. Hope this helps

7. it does according to the spell check on this 1980s style PC but not according to the Collins English Dictionary, I take it youve got a copy then :study:

8. Sadly I do not. I can only imagine your computer is working off some nonsense American English.

The apostrophe is used to denote possession, not plurality, its position before or after the 's' indicating the number of owners. It has a secondary role of denoting the abscence of a letter in English contractions.

Please feel free to call me a knob if I have stated the bleedin' obvious!
    :)