Transferring Blackberry contacts to Iphone4

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Porridge_gun, Aug 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Is there a biff proof method of transferring 633 contacts from Blackberry to Iphone please guru geek types.

It may save me smashing these two bits of kit up
  2. maguire or crow-bag are probably your best bet.

I'm still trying to work out this piece of shit you sold me (with no handbook).
  3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Cheers cnuts.

Now thats done, what about importing pictures from bberry camera and media card?
  4. I'm having **** all do do with photos, I don't want to go to prison.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. simples - just use the inbuilt 'Transfer Data' app to Bluetooth your contacts and calender from your Blackberry.

oh silly me, i forgot - it's an iPhone - only Androids have the Transfer Data app that does it all seamlessly for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 723k?

what pre-historic shite are you operating?

723k my arse.

and who is talking about gigs of data? Porridge gun asked how he could transfer 633 contacts - you obviously are a data retard and have no comprehension of how big a vcard really is.

Bluetooth 2.1 EDR is quoted to run as 3 Mbit/s but that is probably in reality about 2 Mbit/s,

it took me about 12 seconds to export about 250 contacts and sh|t loads of calendar entries from my Sony Erricson to my HTC Desire Z over Bluetooth, so get with the program.

so by all means mong, if you would rather fanny around and waste time plugging in data cables to transfer just 633 contacts instead of waiting 15 seconds longer to do it all over Bluetooth then you crack on roadster but you are ill advising Porridge gun.

just remember the Riflemans Motto: "all that is necessary and nothing that is not" :nod:
  7. Pain in the arse transferring data from one smart phone to another. Had a similar problem transferring my messages from a Nokia to an iPhone. If smart phones are so smart how come they need me to do it for them.
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I dug out an old blackberry and looked up all methods with tons of websites and programs but then found that windows contacts will do it all.
  9. Operator error.
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

no, no, no - they 'just work'. havent you heard??