transferred, and its rubbish - cmt

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by davedaniels, Jul 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i ve just transferred to the ams, its turned out to be complete rubbish, its been 3 months now and not getting any better, i m starting to think that my old job is considerably better, ive been told that you have 6 months after completion of training to go back to your old ceg, is this correct, if so where is this reference in the agai s, i ask this as i can gaurantee the ramc will claim that i have a return of service of 3 years to them.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You make a choice and you go with it, such is life, sometimes you get it wrong, sh1t happens....

3. Man up; ye girl.

4. It seems that you went through the process of transferring without fully understanding what you were getting into, and without knowing all the facts about the transfer process. Also, have you given yourself enough time to adjust to your new role?

5. Now, I don't want you to be scared but I'm going to use capital letters in this post.

I can understand your problem. You have joined the RAMC, the finest Corps in the Army and have chosen to become a CMT which bestows God-like qualities upon you. You just feel over-awed and unworthy of your new-found eminence. It's quite understanding that you should feel this way.
    One thing is sure, people will look to you for help in times of enormous stress and danger. If you feel that you can't, or wont, offer them the expert level of competence their situation demands then you should leave and go back to whatever lesser trade you came from. Clearly being a CMT requires a greater level of dedication than you are willing to provide. I think you should examine the reasons that prompted you to change in the first place, if you wanted to make a difference then stay and play your part. If you thought it was somehow an easier job or that the RAMC would somehow be easier than the big Army then it's best you leave.

6. You should have been properly briefed on the transfer process, if you weren't you shouldn't have signed your AFB241 to confirm you understood it all.

7. INARDUIS FIDELIS young man,,,,, we, the chosen few, by gods great hand, live by our company motto...................

8. You haven't laid out your reasoning for the RAMC being "sh*t" and at 3 months you haven't given it a real chance yet. If you are a CMT 2, relax don't worry, it does get better. As a CMT 1 you will get the hands-on experience you were probably led to believe when transferring.

Where we need you is when you deploy - this is when the medics stand up and be counted - make sure you are one of those medics and not one of the stay-behinds.

Being a mudblood is hard - but you'll get used to it, just give it a chance!

9. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

10. could this person be missing the nee-naws and jellyflopper bucklings of swashs he was promised ? and realising why CMTs are referred to a Canvas Maintainance technicians

11. plaster on plaster off..... dieasel dick, blisters, and not to forget, plenty of, there,there there....................................

12. Yes you're that body machine technician who doesn't even know his patient's names, aren't you? Mavis! The MI in bed four needs something, he buzzed two hours ago but I was busy looking up sits vac for my next rung on the ladder, be a love.