• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

transfering

Hi all im an infanteer at the mo and due to medical reasons have been advised to to take another route in my army career or lack of it. Was thinking rlc port op, ammo tech, or petrol op. Can anyone give me some idea of the jobs eg day to day the job entails, promotion. Have been looking about on the net not really found much still need to go and speak to my rcmo but i would appreciate any help from anybody that do these jobs

broon26 said:
Hi all im an infanteer at the mo and due to medical reasons have been advised to to take another route in my army career or lack of it. Was thinking rlc port op, ammo tech, or petrol op. Can anyone give me some idea of the jobs eg day to day the job entails, promotion. Have been looking about on the net not really found much still need to go and speak to my rcmo but i would appreciate any help from anybody that do these jobs
Its Petroleum Operator, so please dont say Petrol Op to a PetOp, but thats me being pedantic!
One thing i will say ref your sitiuation, if the reason for you not being able to stay in Inf is lifting related etc (ie not being able to lift stuff etc) then dont bother with PetOp. Its a physical job but if your medical reason is being a sexual sadistic murderer (we've had them all!) then by all means Pet Ops for you!!!

I do not know your rank, but you will be pushed to get into Pet Op or Port Op at present as we have few if any vacancies in either of these trades. If you are sold on RLC, look at the larger trades and you will probably have a greater chance of success; Log Spec (Sup), Driver, Log Comms Spec, Tank Transporter Driver.

dingerr said:
If you can lift a Meat and Potato pie, you're ok for Ammo Tech!
.....and if you can eat the whole pie, and still find room for a Yorkie bar, a life on the road moving armour (and thunderboxes) awaits :lol:

Tank mover. Piece of cake.

No, not together. I mean one is the other. Oh feck it.

Don't you just love those jugs above this post? I wonder what size they were when they started?

dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:
RLC??? No, go R Sigs - you'll meet a better class of bint.
But are full of idjets who can't read what the initial post is 8O
Read it... Understood it... Responded to it...

Do I spot a sense of humour failure, Bell-end?
Not at all dick face. Hence the tongue in cheek response.
You appear to have taken offence at the soubriquet. Isn't the bit dangling at the end of a bell called a dinger?

SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:

You appear to have taken offence at the soubriquet. Isn't the bit dangling at the end of a bell called a dinger?
You really are thick. Is that why your Service was no longer required? Or did you do something else to get sacked?

Go and look up what soubriquet actually means.

Go and look up what a CLAPPER is.

Next time you want to insult someone. Don't bother.

dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:

You really are thick. No, I'm not; at the risk of descending to your playground level, I'd compare IQs with you at any time. Is that why your Service was no longer required? You are not the first to have been misled by my wry pseudonym and thereby reach an erroneous conclusion; I left the army, after some years of regular service, of my own volition. Or did you do something else to get sacked? Oh, was I sacked? Had I wanted to continue serving, I could have done so - indeed, that was suggested to me on more than one occasion, by more than one officer, during my final days - but I wanted to go to university. I remain grateful to the MOD for its assistance in ensuring that I was accepted for my chosen course.

Go and look up what soubriquet actually means. No, you look: "a name given to someone or something which is not their real or official name" - http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=75375 refers.

Go and look up what a CLAPPER is. I already knew; I was being whimsical. Your capitalisation, as is so often the case when it used by the barely literate, is both unnecessary and grammatically incorrect.

Next time you want to insult someone. Are you going to finish the sentence? Don't bother. Why not? Oh, I understand - because the subject might be over-sensitive. If I weren't such a 'new man,' I'd be tempted to guess that you're female and suffering pre-menstrually.

Gosh, I wonder what wrath I'd have provoked, had I commented on your spelling of 'idiot' and misuse of a conjunction when responding initially.

Have a nice day - if you can.

SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:
dingerr said:
SNLR86 said:

You really are thick. No, I'm not; at the risk of descending to your playground level, I'd compare IQs with you at any time. Is that why your Service was no longer required? You are not the first to have been misled by my wry pseudonym and thereby reach an erroneous conclusion; I left the army, after some years of regular service, of my own volition. Or did you do something else to get sacked? Oh, was I sacked? Had I wanted to continue serving, I could have done so - indeed, that was suggested to me on more than one occasion, by more than one officer, during my final days - but I wanted to go to university. I remain grateful to the MOD for its assistance in ensuring that I was accepted for my chosen course.

Go and look up what soubriquet actually means. No, you look: "a name given to someone or something which is not their real or official name" - http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=75375 refers.

Go and look up what a CLAPPER is. I already knew; I was being whimsical. Your capitalisation, as is so often the case when it used by the barely literate, is both unnecessary and grammatically incorrect.

Next time you want to insult someone. Are you going to finish the sentence? Don't bother. Why not? Oh, I understand - because the subject might be over-sensitive. If I weren't such a 'new man,' I'd be tempted to guess that you're female and suffering pre-menstrually.

Gosh, I wonder what wrath I'd have provoked, had I commented on your spelling of 'idiot' and misuse of a conjunction when responding initially.

Have a nice day - if you can.
:lol: Classy

Latest Threads