Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by laurencarter, Nov 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know what you have to do in order for you to change units? i have been laid of my civilian job, and i am going to do the only job available that includes weekends, and evenings so i do believe a national unit will be best with a lower commitment? any advice would be appriciated
  2. msr

msr LE

Just speak to your Pl Comd, explain the circumstances and your proposed plan of action.

3. Be aware that transferring units can be a ballache when it comes to getting paid... There can be a gap of several months while you get lost on JPA...
  4. Isn't this the 5th thread you've posted about transfering?
  5. Not to mention 5 separate threads about the medical, are you f**king mental?

Have you even passed basic yet?

Very odd.
  6. Depends on units, some will pay you to attend another unit and others will be right twats about it, thankfully the former seem to be the biggest group (I've transferred 5 times and only had problem with one unit - which also was the only time I transferred when I didn't have to)
  7. Transferred 5 times!!? You must have had some pretty "interesting" mess functions to be encouraged to "transfer" 5 times.
  8. Transfers should no longer be the problem they used to be, once all the paperwork is complete it's a two minute job to action on JPA..
  9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

The OC of the losing unit still has to sign off on it as does the OC of the receiving unit. Ordinarily, both officers will have had a chat with the transferee before penning their autographs. The change is actioned by APC (Glasgow) in a matter of a few weeks.
  10. my oh my, you have some faith - JPA had my folks down as my emergency contact instead of my wife, despite me changing it many times pre & during deployment. Could've turned out very 'interesting'.
  11. Action is taken by the gaining unit's Career Manager in most cases!