Transfering units

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by zedhead, Jul 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys just wondering how easy it is to transfer units, i joined up to the RLC but now am now leaning more towards the infantry, also is it possible to transfer to the marines with them being navy.
  2. msr

msr LE

Very easy, just be open and honest with your current unit.

3. So you dont think there'l be any arsy-nuss from them? and do you know if its poss to transfer into the reserve marines.....cheers
  4. Best shooting over to rumration to ask this one, but from what i've seen, it won't happen. They will expect you to hand in your papers for the TA before applying as complete nig to RMR. Too many problems with people going to CTC nowhere near ready apparently... Don't mean to insult you in any way by saying this, but are you sure you know what your getting yourself into? There is a huge difference between RMR and TA loggies... It really really isn't easy...
  5. Yea cheers Shortty i know what you mean but a man can dream cant he (lol), i think i'l prob go into some infantry role i should put more thought into it before i joined, wanting to see some action before i get old and grey
  6. A friend of mine was in a similiar situation. He had to leave his TA unit in london first before they let him go on the books, although they did let him turn up for a few drillnights before he transferred as a 'taster'.

edited for shocking spelling! :x