Transfering trades & housing problems

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by mrtickle, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im really really stuck on 2 things and could really do with some guidience.

Problem 1.

Im currently at phase 2 training to be a chef. When i was a basic i wanted to change jobs from a chef to a cmt. I was told by my sergent to wait until i got to phase 2. On my first day of arriving at phase 2 i informed the corporal of wanting to change jobs. 2 weeks later i finally get a interview with the troop comander who basically told me the army is full so forget about it. Im really don't want to be a chef but love the army and want a long career. Just wondering what if anything i can do now. Any advive would be brilliant.

Problem 2.

I just got married 3 weeks ago had a lovely day then ended up with a big family bust up. My wife and 2 kids are currently living at her mum and dads house. Her dad has basiically told me im not welcome in their house anymore and treating my wife and kids like shit and being a complete tosser. I was just wondering what the chances are of getting married quarters before i get to my unit. I know that normally you have to wait but given the situtation that i am really worried about my family and it's affecting my training could the army sort out some housng for my wife and kids.

Cheers ever so much for anyone that can give me any advice.

2. 1: Hes probably right. The army is nearing full, speak to your RCMO rather than a troop full screw.

2: Youy had a bust up on your wedding day :?

3. Just what the army needs, another welfare case.

4. Hi;

Problem 1 - There was, not sure if there still is, a massive shortage of Chefs but there has been an influx of Commonwealth recruits and loads of them seem to have been pushed down the Chef route. If there still is a shortage chances of them letting you transfer during Phase 2 is gonna be hard.

Burn everything you cook and they might make you a Supplier?? Although as we approach full manning they might kick you out!!!

My suggestion is as stated request an interview with the RCMO not the Troop Cpl or Troop Commander or get through your Chef Training and apply to transfer when you get to your unit, if you want to stay in the RLC try and get an RLC unit as your first posting the RCMO will be a little more clued up on RLC matters.

What's wrong with being a Chef apart from early mornings your always in a warm tent!! unless its Afghanistan of course then the tents a little too bloody warm.

Problem 2 - Book an appointment with the Welfare Officer for advice on MQs if your married and get your married status on JPA via your admin office then your entitled to a MQ (7 days before you get married I think). Suggest you make peace with the outlaws!!

5. Hi;

Problem 1 - There was, not sure if there still is, a massive shortage of Chefs but there has been an influx of Commonwealth recruits and loads of them seem to have been pushed down the Chef route. If there still is a shortage chances of them letting you transfer during Phase 2 is gonna be hard.

Burn everything you cook and they might make you a Supplier?? Although as we approach full manning they might kick you out!!!

My suggestion is as stated request an interview with the RCMO not the Troop Cpl or Troop Commander or get through your Chef Training and apply to transfer when you get to your unit, if you want to stay in the RLC try and get an RLC unit as your first posting the RCMO will be a little more clued up on RLC matters.

What's wrong with being a Chef apart from early mornings your always in a warm tent!! unless its Afghanistan of course then the tents a little too bloody warm.

Problem 2 - Book an appointment with the Welfare Officer for advice on MQs if your married and get your married status on JPA via your admin office then your entitled to a MQ (7 days before you get married I think). Suggest you make peace with the outlaws!!